Distance selling regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance selling regs

Do the distance selling regs for the UK apply to Business to Business transactions in exactly the same way as Business to Consumer or not? I'm struggling to find a clear answer from the HMSO website.

Any ideas folks?

Cheers

in a word, NO.
    The Distance Selling Regs ONLY apply to Business to consumer transactions (unfortunately!)
    I'm not sure if there is a B2B version??
    Tracey

Comment

Ok...

In which case then, would it be a great way to win friends and influence people if we pretended it did?

Comment

I assume you mean "we" as in you the seller?
        I guess so! I know I've bought items from businesses before and they have been fine about it. I have to admit though that I don't know what set of rules or regs applies in the absence of the DSRs in these cases.
        Fair Trading? Sale of goods? Not really sure, tbh, maybe someone else knows?
        Tracey

Comment

Hi, yeah, sorry, 'royal we' there...

'we' as in me as the webmaster and my managing director and order processing people...

I guess if 'we' (see above!) afforded a business customer with the same basic courtesy and protection as we would have to afford a joe public consumer it might be quite a good way of leting people see we are serious about customer service... even as a B2B provider.

I'm going to ring the DTI up and get a definitive answer - then i'm going to tell everyone here what the deal is!

Comment

I was thinking about this issue too. I remember a couple of years ago my brother ordered a laptop from Dell for the business, he then wanted to cancel it but they said that as its a business purchase the regulations are not the same as B2C. Some companies have a straight no cancellation and no refund policy if its not broken on delivery on B2B purchases.
            Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

Working...
            X