Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special offers & discount, can Actinic do that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special offers & discount, can Actinic do that?

I must admit that I am new to Actinic but I have the feeling I am going to be an expert before too soon.

My queries is with regard to the online shop my client has previously set up with Actinic. I have been commissioned to overhaul their shop and also see if the following facilities can be done in Actinic.

This is what my client is asking me:

At the moment our shop has limitations which does not allow us to do special offers. We are not able to offer things like:

Special offers
    - "Spend more than £20.00 and get 10% off" or
    - "£1 off all swimwear", obviously along with the swimwear other items that don't have an offer on may be ordered.

Vouchers
    Also, there is a voucher that goes into our Members Handbook which entitles them to 10% discount, but we can't allow it on-line because it doesn't track whether the voucher has been used.

Email confirmation
    Another limitation of the current shop is that it does not send an email confirmation of the order, or receipt of payment.

Could you please confirm that the on-line shop you would provide would have the above capabilities.

I would very much appreciate your help in that matter.

William Lesourd aka LYAMEL
    FRANCESOLO.COM

Hi William,

Can you check what version of the software the customer is on and if they have 'Catalog', 'Business' or 'Developer'.

If they have 'Catalog' they will be able to offer the "Spend more than £20.00 and get 10% off" but not the next option. You will require a 'Business' version of the software to be able to accomplish the various discounts you want to offer as well as provide you with coupon codes, in your case the voucher number that a customer can input into the cart area to receive their 10% off.

With regards to the 'Email Confirmation' I would suggest your customer check the 'SMTP Server' address they are using in their Network Setup ( Advanced | Network Setup | Email Settings .. ). If the SMTP server is functioning properly then they should receive confirmation of orders received etc and so will their customers.

In other words you can do all that and more !!

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X