Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think this is a dodgy customer?

Hi - I'd value your opinion:

I received an order. Its for around £20, to someone in the UK. However, they havn't given their name - they put their credit card number in the name box! (they also put their credit card number correctly in the payment section).
    I've emailed the customer to ask for his name but have as yet not received a reply. Its not a hotmail address - proper fixed email address.

Am I being over suspicious? It just seems abit strange to me.

Cheers - Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Email me the house number and postcode...
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Some people are just plain bonkers so that may explain the name in the card box.

If the email address is a fixed address have you checked out the site? See if that person is mentioned there, if it is a company site is the office near the customer address, try calling a number found on the website and ask to speak with them to clarify a point

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I must admit I ship most orders with are under £25. Unless it looks very dodgy indeed.

The hit on one order going down - negates the time and hassle chasing people who as Jonty can be just palin bonkers.

Comment

Hah for Palin read Plain - its seems like to good a typo to correct

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
            who as Jonty can be just palin bonkers.
            Years of therapy down the drain - thanks

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I would say this isn't fraud, people do odd things when they are online for varying reasons.

Have you ever received a personalised email that says,
              'Luddite, wouldn't you like to benefit from..... '
              'Jont, we noticed you.....'
              Well not putting your name in would certainly stop that.

They probably weren't concentrating, I get quite a few where something is wrong, like the sreetnumberandnameisalloneword.

If it was was me I would ship it BUT, if I then got an email saying, 'O, I meant to order 20' then I wouldn't bother. If you are worried email them and tell them you can't ship without a name. Will it cause problems with your courier service or that post if it doesn't have a name on, that's probably why I would check it before shipping, because it's annoying when things come back.
              www.compendia.co.uk
              Compendia Traditional Games and Puzzles
              www.toogoods-games.co.uk
              Wooden carrom board handmade in the UK

Comment

Panic over mes amis. Tis a genuine punter who in his haste to give me his hard earned, got a little distracted.
                Thanks to all who contributed to what has become quite a funny little thread!

Nick
                Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

We have lots of very important people with no surnames, plus people titled Mr Mrs Ms (obviously not sure).

The funniest is where people ask us to leave their parcels (because obviously we hand deliver them all ourselves) - in "secure" porch (?!!), in wendy house, in barbeque, in bunker, in recycle bin, or please try number 2, 6, 8, 12, 14 or 18 if out...........

Oh to have the time!

Comment

The most intriguing additional delivery instruction I had was along the lines:-
                    "If no reply DON'T LEAVE WITH No 4!!".
                    I guess they're not best of pals.....
                    ChrisL
                    skype chrisjlyon

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisL
                      The most intriguing additional delivery instruction I had was along the lines:-
                      "If no reply DON'T LEAVE WITH No 4!!".
                      I guess they're not best of pals.....
                      I like it!

Yes, I get a lot of those!
                      I got one a few weeks ago that asked me to send a small order (couple of items of underwear) by post?

Huh? As opposed to carrier pigeon, I suppose! (we do make a point of stating that we only use a courier for large nursery items)
                      Tracey

Comment

Working...
                      X