Banner Link Sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banner Link Sizes?

I'm setting up my 'links' section and just wondered if there are standard sizes for banner links - any ideas?

I basically don'y want to have to keep resizing or keep getting providers of links to supply what may be an 'odd' size.

Why not stick with the size Jo is using over here http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=15231 - that way people can work with you and Jo.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The trouble i've had so far is that some companies what some fairly large banners rather than just one size, so i was really wondering if there was say a 'standard' (or at least three of four) size?

My links are not solely actinic sites.

Comment

Not sure as there are "standard" sizes these days as filtering software got clever and recognised the old standard sizes and removed from the page thereby reducing their use.

May be best to say no bigger than X by Z pixels so your layouts will at least have the same maximum size space allocated and not have some errant banner force all the layout out by being oversized.

HTH

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

In the past i have resized banners sent to me so they are all the same size. You could resize to 200 px wide with a variable height, this produces a nice looking page of links and images

Comment

Working...
          X