Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments on website, SEO and Atom feed

Good morning,
    My site www.carametis.co.uk is with Actinic since mid-june, google ranking have been between 3 and 4 since then and unique visits have increased week after week since then but i want to do better... I posted specific questions already but never asked anyone for a general site comments. Is there any obvious things which could be improved to increase ranking an traffic?

Also i started a news blog 2 weeks ago, news page on my site, to my surprise the atom.xml feed from it gets a lot hits each day...first page on my stats actually, more than the blog itself, homepage or any other pages..Does anyone knows why?

Many thanks, Nick
    www.carametis.co.uk
    Men's Jewellery & Titanium Watches and Jewellery

Hi,

I did not read the small print before clicking on the Teno picture and found myself with no obvious way to purchase - following the link 'where to buy' took me to a list of bricks and mortar outlets with no sign of Carametis in the list. I would give some priority to getting rid of the need for that diversion OR to getting Teno to provide a prominent link back to your site.

It may be an idea to link directly from the blog articles to the relevant product section - saving interested shoppers one click and keeping them focussed on the product.

Just loading the atom xml logo will be recorded as a hit in your web stats, since its on your home page and your blog, its total hits should be the same as the total hits on all pages it appears on plus any direct click totals. Do you get a download recordede when a user clicks the feed?
    Last edited by wjcampbe; 22-Aug-2005, 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling - as ever
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks again for replying John, Teno is an exception, we are waiting for for prices and other details to fully complete the section so this is the best way we found, not perfect but only temporary.
      Thanks for the info on the blog, we get a stat also on the blog download itself.
      Nic,
      www.carametis.co.uk

Comment

Any other general comments on www.carametis.co.uk ?
        Thanks for your time,
        Nick
        www.carametis.co.uk

Comment

Moving away from navigation links that go via the cgi-bin should help. These can confuse the search engines, weaken the importance/pagerank of the linked pages and lead to search engine confusion over duplicate pages. All in all they're best avoided unless you need them for customer accounts.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks a lot Mike,
            I started doing that on the homepage but will carry one on all pages.
            Nick
            www.carametis.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X