Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy seo company??

Hi there,

I received a cold call yesterday from a company called "its cold outside".
    Stating they could guarantee me a 1st page listing on google, yahoo, msn, altavista etc etc etc for a "small fee" of around £1000+

Has anyone any dealings with them?

Excuse my ignorance on search engine placement, but is this really possible?

tia.
    Last edited by meatbiscuit; 26-Aug-2005, 04:36 PM. Reason: typo

but is this really possible?
    Looking at the terms & conditions on their site it looks like a no.

the Buyer acknowledges that the Seller has no control over third party search engines and as such the Seller shall not be liable for any change in search engine rules of inclusion or change to index listings which results in the Buyer’s website being removed from search engine listings or for total loss of position/ranking on any search engine.
    I bet the salesperson forgot to mention this!

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

I've heard a lot about this company from various sources. None of it good. My advice would be to avoid.

mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

There is absolutely no way that anybody can guarantee even the existence of the Internet next week, never mind placement within the result set of *any* of the search engines. I hate guys like this. What they are doing is not actually illegal, but it should be.

I would personally string them along for weeks, asking stupid questions and making like I was really keen, make them do some work and spend some money before inviting them to return to the dark regions whence they came.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You often find with that type of practice the 1st page listing is a paid for keyword listing and not the result of an organic search listing

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X