Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheeky hosting query

Hi there

I've recently built a site for a client in (they didnt have budget for actinic which i regularly use) so i did one for them. Their existing site is very badly designed and the host is charging a big buck for it.

I've built this site on some test web space - but when it comes to getting new hosting the site will require SSL capabilities. This is for both the customer payment page, and the client admin page where he retrieves the credit card numbers for offline processing.

I was going to transfer the site and db's across from the old server - and then reconfigure the config files to allow for SSL content.......

Is there a host company out there which knows it is compatible with stores? The server must be linux, with a mysql database. Also, it needs a SSL facility, Linux based, as well which can be integrated into the non secure pages.

I recommended a company called Fasthosts but it turns out the SSL was windows based, rendering it useless - oops. They bought this - but i've since told them to get a refund citing incompatibility, they do have a 30 day money back guarantee.

The site is due to go live a week monday (26th Sep) so got to get things done quickly.

Need a fast alternative - any recommendations?!! Please post or PM me......

Appologies for posting this on an Actinic board but i know there's lots of good responders here.

Hi,

If its non Actinic then try: http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/hosting/web_hosting.shtml and for Actinic combined try: http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/hostin..._hosting.shtml

All accounts have the ability for there own SSL certificate as detailed on the pages of the individual packages.

MySQL, PHPMyAdmin, Linux ( ) - all you need in your explanation.

Others will be out there also from this forum which should be able to provide this.

Comment

if all you need is the 25Mb of disk in the 4sure starter package, then that price is hard to beat (if you get mySQL included).
      Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
      Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
      NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
      X