Recommendations for US Shipping Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for US Shipping Agents

Some of my suppliers are based in the US but the shipping costs that I'm paying at the moment (+ duty etc) don't make the goods very cost competitive. I'm not in a position yet to ship large carton quantities so in many cases it's been just as cheap to use air freight as to use sea freight. In some cases, pricewise, it's just not worth shipping the goods in the first place even though they are, in many cases, much nicer than what's on offer and currently available in the UK.

Can anybody recommend any low cost shipping options from the US to the UK please?

Are you taking the shipping costs from the manufacturers or do you have your own agent?

If it's the former, then the chances are the suppliers are making a little extra on the shipping. Try Carousel Freight (01202 813396) as they do alot to and from the states .

Otherwise, seafeight is obviously the cheapest if ordering a big enough quantity. Couriers such as Fed Ex/UPS get very expensive above 50/70kgs which is when general cargo kicks in as the most economical.

Hope this helps

James
    www.ifsogo.com
    ifsogo.com
    ifsogo eTail Ltd
    Ringwood, Hants

Comment

Some sea carriers agents will allow you to have a part container shared with another customer, you then have to pick up your goods from the main customer
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thank you both - I'll give Carousel Freight a try - I keep finding that although consignment weights are small, packages that they come in are bulky so get expensive on cubic meter tariffs. It's bizzare - it's cheaper to air freight a consignment and get in within a week than to sea freight it and not get it for a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X