Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDF product catalogue & sage line 50 possibilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF product catalogue & sage line 50 possibilities?

I've read other threads about creating a pdf product catalogue and as I understand it, it isn't possible to take information from Actinic (including product images) and put it directly into a catalogue formated template. Have I understood this correctly?

If it isn't possible to do this from Actinic - does anybody know if it is possible to do it from Sage Line 50? The products and images are already stored there and transferred to actinic via actinic link but I don't know enough about anything to know if that makes any difference at all.

If it isn't possible to do either of these things would anyone have any suggestions of a quick and easy interim solution? I've got an assortment of software packages including Adobe but before I start from scratch, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a faster option.

Thank you

Could you not print your catalogue to a .pdf virtual Printer?

Another one is mentioned elsewhere on this community (by cdicken, I think), but there is also pdfFactory Pro (http://www.pdffactory.com/) which has a trial download.
    ChrisL
    skype chrisjlyon

Comment

There are several programs that automate the process of creating a database-driven catalogue using Adobe InDesign

e.g.
      http://www.65bit.com/products/easyca.../overview.shtm
      http://store.adobe.com/store/product...g_SmartCatalog

Since Actinic uses an Access DB, it might be worth looking at these?

Jim
      www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

Are the images stored in the database?

Thank you.

Sorry Chris, don't think I was very clear - creating the pdf isn't the problem - I'd like to automate the catalogue creation process if possible.

Jim - thank you very much for the links, the software does look great and I think I'll at least download one of the trials to see if it's as easy to use with in-design as it's write-up suggests.

Could I please just check though - does Actinic store the photo images in the access database? I think I read in another thread that it didn't. If it doesn't - does anybody have any ideas as to how, where and in what format Sage Line 50 stores the product web tab information?

I'm determined to get the hang of all this new software - I'm sure that when it all finally clicks into place, everything is going to get a whole lot quicker and easier - roll on that day!!

Comment

Hi,

You will find the product images stored in the 'Product' table of the Access database, ActinicCatalog.mdb, it is the column right after the 'Full Description'.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Great - thanks Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X