X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

google results

Hi everyone

This is my first post so bear with me

Our search results are top ten wanadoo, Yahoo but cannot get anywhere in google we use v7

We sell fine art and we have been told to buy domain names of artists and link them to the front page of our site. This will supposedely help us on google searches any comments.

website www.art-prints-online.co.uk

Bollox, unless you also buid relevant content into each site it will make no difference. You'd be better off just making sure that the content of your one site is relevant, building PAGES, within your site which are about each artist, and are well built from a search engine point of view will be cheaper and more effective.
    Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
    http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Site content is king.

Build the keywords into your site ie body text and page titles. Forget about extra domains.

Comment

Hi

How old is your site - if fairly new (less than a year) you could be being held back by google until your site matures (some call this the sandbox effect).

Content certainly is King, more relevant content you have, well written and key word rich, the more chance you have of getting people to you site.

ALSO good quality information will get people to link to your site and this will improve your site popularity in the eyes of google and boost your rankings.

So CONTENT is KING and LINKS are the QUEEN.

Quality inbound links from relevant sites are a must to improve your rankings and you will get them if you make your site content rich and appealing to your audience.

Good Luck and have fun

Ian
        Ian
        Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Google ranking

Hi,

I have been doing my best to optimise some of my sites and I have found some strange things happening in Google lately.

For example, I can get three of my sites in the top 10 of Yahoo. They are all limousine hire companies in my area so all have more or less the same services to offer. I used to be able to find my sites on pages two and three of Google, with page one being full of online directories (my pet hate because they are usually worse than useless ). However, the last time I checked Google my sites were on page 5, page 8 and I gave up looking for the last one at page 20.

I work from home so I don't have huge overheads and I can reflect that in my prices but for what I'm charging to develop a website I can't afford to spend loads of time continually trying to get top rankings in Google.

Being completely honest I have stopped using Google these days, I prefer Yahoo, the hits are usually much more relevant to my search criteria.

Any one else noticed changes in Google?
          Gillian
          www.whizzdesigns.co.uk
          www.funworldfancydress.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by daren deadman
            We sell fine art and we have been told to buy domain names of artists and link them to the front page of our site. This will supposedely help us on google searches any comments.
            Even if you created content rich artist sites to link through to your own site I would be very surprised if the artists name domains are not already taken - if you find one that isn't yet registered you may find yourself having to relinquish the rights to the owner or estate.

Better to do as Jo, Steve and Ian suggest and concentrate your efforts on your own site - it will reap more rewards and save you valuable time in the long run.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I support the above comments fully - Content and links are the tops. Make sure you make good use of the <Title > Tag and put keywords into <Alt> tags for all the images. Don't be greedy and keyword stuff, you will get banned, but make them nice and readable ensuring keywords are included.
              Make sure you Meta keywords are also in the text several times, the near the top of the page, as the robost see it, not physically, the better.
              On links the better the ranking and relevant the content to your page the better the link and, if you can, get the links in to use keywords, as used on the page, withing the <a...> tag, i.e. as the linking text.
              Hope this helps and good luck.
              Last edited by Truska; 05-Oct-2005, 09:22 PM. Reason: typo fix
              David Cunningham

www.truska.com
              -----------------------------
              ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Working...
              X