Clara upgrading and settings issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clara upgrading and settings issue

I've had to alter a couple of network settings today due to their latest upgrade work. Also had to alter the STMP addy.

Thought I'd mention this incase forum users thought it was maybe a problem at their own end.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Hi George - what alterations were needed?

The email I received stated everything should stay the same just moving to a new server! Not had a call from the office yet (on holiday this week) so fingers crossed we have had a seemless transition.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Might be an idea to check your cgi bin's working okay, and that emails are being sent correctly by Actinic (when an order is placed)...

Seamless? Clara? Aye, right!

On the plus side, the Awstats bit is yummy yummy...
      Football Heaven

Comment

Thanks for the warning George.

For others:

if you find you have a mail server failure (try the test in Network Settings), and if you have same set up as me, within Network Settings/Mail Server:

change: relay.clara.net
        to: localhost

If there's any other updates needed will post them as I find them

Would have been nice if they had emailed to tell us rather than have to wait on support!

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by george
          On the plus side, the Awstats bit is yummy yummy...
          don't you start me wishing my holiday was over

Bikster

Comment

I'm having bigger problems than that, a network test gives me the error 'unable to connect to the FTP server'.
            Current setting is clarahost.clara.net, does anyone know if this has changed?

Thanks
            Olly

Comment

solved the problem above, and the E-mail is working ok! I'm now getting the error 'Failed to transfer a test file to the acatalog directory. (null)'

Any ideas?

Comment

Olly

Can I suggest you start a new thread in 'Actinic v7 Support' as relatively few people read the 'Any Other Business' topic.

Comment

I get that comment too. Dosen't seem to affect anything though.

(I started the thread here since the problems would not be unique to any particular version).
                  Football Heaven

Comment

A fair comment George - but I would also suggest that the 'Initial Web Site / Network Configuration' is designed for cross-version network setup issues.

Comment

Just a note about the new AWSTATS on CLARA - just watch the accruel of logs in the AWSTATS folder - one of my sites doubled in size and went over the 100mb limit for that account!

Is there a way to limit the log files or is it a case of purge the previous days at will?

Bikster

Comment

Had exactly the same problem. I think it might be worth a mass suggestion to Claranet to see if they can automate the cleardown of old Awstats files. It looks like you only need the most current file, or at worst todays and yesterdays, and anything older is superfluous.
                        My data transfer rate seems to have edged up too - how have you found it Jont?
                        Martin

Comment

I deleted everything but todays and yesterdays and the stats are obviously appending the file each day.

I had noticed a raise in the data transfers also - the site has been a bit busier than usual but not to that extent so it must be down to the new stats package also. Will have to monitor it over the coming weeks to get a better picture of what is going on.

Bikster

Comment

I'm on Clara's case too.
                            Football Heaven

Comment

what files are being left around. And how big are they? I'll compare them to what we leave on the server as we use awstats.

Comment

Working...
                              X