No announcement yet.

Make this site private.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To stop people from viewing your shrubbery from the other side, you can buy a product via my Actinic Site.

www.no-see-shrubbery-spray.com

Comment

Tried your no-see-shrubbery-spray, the only problem is, it does not tell you what side to spray them on and now I can't see them.

I think Bob Geldof has the same problem!

Cheers
      Ian
      Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Make it private and lose a potential customer like me.

I am currently in the 30 day trial period and actively browsing this community for users and tech support comments.

No question about it,,, if I couldnt see (and indeed participate) in an active community with both user and provider support BEFORE as well as after purchase, you wouldnt see me for dust

Comment

Hi Jim

Originally posted by Jim Riley
          The really cool people hang out in the open forum boards

I bet the Developer Forum is full of tecckkie geeks

Jim
          Or people with to much money - we use the forum to talk about you guys behind you backs - only joking

Darren

Comment

And sometimes you post in the Developers and wait longer for a reply than elsewhere!!

I can't use my Actinic Developer programme at the moment so I think I'm a little unhappier than synchro.

I feel as though I'm hiding behind 'shrubbery'.

David
            -----------------------------
            www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

I'm an Actinic developer who has never bought a copy of actinic for myself, only for my clients. Perhaps I too should be banned from this site.

Having read through this thread only to find one person who thinks it should be private, and a whole bunch of others who don't (and I agree with them) why don't we all just leave him to rant and go somewhere for a quick pint!
              Mike Booker
              M B Web Services
              mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
              +44 1932 340318

Comment

It would be interesting to know how many developers have bought developer. It seems that developer is really for shopkeepers with multiple stores.

I, for one, haven't. As Mike says he does, I've only ever bought Actinic for my clients, and since my clients all update their own products they all need either catalog or business.

Therefore, IME, developer is just an expensive toy , I can easily spend £1500 on more interesting toys!

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                  It would be interesting to know how many developers have bought developer. It seems that developer is really for shopkeepers with multiple stores.
                  Would be interesting to know how many copies of Order Manager are in operation for where people allow the developer to maintain a site and the customer simply drags down the orders.

The Developer section on this forum is a bit of a misnomer as it hardly ever has anything specific to the Developer version and as mentioned above youcan get a reply much quicker out in the access-all-areas-even-if-illegal-users in v6 or v7 sections

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I must admit I have never seen an 'official' support forum like this one before. It is refreshing that you can leave a post and you get the opinions of multiple other users and support staff. I have recently finished redesigning my first Actinic store, less than 4 months after I first heard of Actinic. There is absolutely no way that I would have been able to do this with out this forum.

We subscribe to support, its like insurance, its there, you may never use it, but if you have a problem you'll be glad that you have it. I have had problems recently that I have needed sorting immediately, so instead of wasting 15 minutes writing out the problem, posting it, waiting for relevant replies, trying out the fix, replying, waiting for more replies blah blah untill the problem was resolved I just called support once or twice and it was resolved.

I think that the 'open' nature of the forum and the 'closed' nature of the telephone support work perfectly together. I wouldnt use any other software.

Actinic is buggy as hell, it really stirs my chod sometimes, I hate it, but I wouldnt swap it with anything else. Mainly because when I get wound up I can just come on here and get a quick fix, I would probably have given up on it by now, and actinic would have lost a company/client.

I am writing an FAQ section at the moment, with sections for specific brands, I know that people will see a product on our site, look at our FAQ to answer their questions, and then bugger off to a competitor and buy the product off them because its 23pence cheaper. It happens, its life.

I can understand why it could wind you up, but I really cant understand why you were so concerned. Not a dig at you, just an observation.

I think that more software companies should take a leaf out of Actinics book and offer free forums.

IF my vote is worth anything, its to keep things exactly how they are

Ben
                    www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X