Site Usability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Usability

I would be grateful for any comments with regard to the usability of our site.

One annoyance that I'd like to solve occurs when an extended info pop up is requested from a product page. Everything works as it should apart from the main window behind suddenly blanking out and then refreshing itself.

Any advice as to how I can improve matters gratefully received.

http://www.boothandbooth.co.uk

I had a quick run around the site, it works fine. I had no problem with navigation. And I especially liked the high quality images.

not sure what is causing the refresh on opo up though

Comment

My main gripe is the use of background images on the left hand nav panel. I think it makes the text very difficult to read. The images look great though! Also no problems with the pop-ups.

I noticed you have a missing image here: http://www.boothandbooth.co.uk/acata..._Earrings.html
      Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
      www.greenjersey.com

Comment

The only thing I noticed (which, incidentaly, is the same on a lot of actinic sites) is there isn't much consistency between what are links and what aren't. For example, on one page you have text in blue font which becomes underlined when the mouse is placed over. But on other pages (mostly the product pages i think) you have underlined text which isn't clickable!

You can solve the latter by going into the product template and moving the item title outside the <a> tag. The <a> tag is required for linking to specific portions of the page, but doesn't actually require any content. As it is, the Actinic stylesheet treats the item name like a link, which is why its underlined.

Oh, I'm looking at this through Firefox by the way. Other than that, nice site
        www.gbradley.co.uk
        Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Originally posted by Kermy
          You can solve the latter by going into the product template and moving the item title outside the <a> tag. The <a> tag is required for linking to specific portions of the page, but doesn't actually require any content. As it is, the Actinic stylesheet treats the item name like a link, which is why its underlined.

Oh, I'm looking at this through Firefox by the way. Other than that, nice site
          Thanks for that Kermy,, noticed that in FF earlier, yet hadnt delved deeper into the code as yet. That will save me some time.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and for the advice re. Firefox Kermy.

I don't really understand what you are saying I am afraid. Could you possibly expand.

Would still like to solve the screen refresh problem when the extended info pop-up is selected. I've not noticed it on other Actinic sites so I imagine it's something I have set up incorrectly.

Many thanks.

www.boothandbooth.co.uk

Comment

When viewed through IE the links etc work perfectly - no probs at all If you open up one of your product pages through Firefox though, everything looks fine until you roll the mouse over a product - you'll all the text gets underlined.

I thought this was caused by something in your product template, but looking at your code, its actually because a section link tag isn't closed properly. If you view source and search for '<A NAME="sectiontop">' you'll see that it isn't closed with '</a>' until after the products are laid out. It should be closed directly after to sort the problem. Normally this bit of code is taken from the Act_ProductBody.html template, so have a look there to edit it.
              Last edited by Kermy; 21-Oct-2005, 03:34 PM. Reason: typo
              www.gbradley.co.uk
              Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Much appreciate your help Graham. I have now sorted this out although I need to attend to the font size as well; a subject which has been well covered in the past on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                X