help with formmail.pl not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with formmail.pl not working

hi, i use formmail.pl for an online competition, it has been working fine for several months now, this week it has stopped sending me email, my site is hosted with 4sure techno web, i have raised a job ticket with them ,anyone know of any updates with 4sure servers or another formail script i can use with v6 catalog
    thanks
    wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

Was this ever resolved.

I have a formmail.pl script, just cant seem to get it working, dunno wether its me or 4Sure. There Tech guys say they dont support 3rd party scripts so I'm a bit in limbo here.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Comment

Originally posted by TiggyPig
      Was this ever resolved.

I have a formmail.pl script, just cant seem to get it working, dunno wether its me or 4Sure. There Tech guys say they dont support 3rd party scripts so I'm a bit in limbo here.

Any help or advice gratefully received.
      Are you getting any error messages?

We use their servers and have encountered no issues.

However, I take it your formail script is not a standard actinic script?
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I'm using the formmail.pl outside of actinic. Have used the one downloaded from Matts Script Archive.

Renamed it something different ( boobah.pl) and placed it in the images dir to avoid spam use of the pl script. CHMOD set on dir and pl file to 755

have set up a test form at:

http://www.prophecydesigns.co.uk/form.html

Heres the first bit of the boobah.pl code.

!/usr/bin/perl
        ##############################################################################
        # FormMail Version 1.92 #
        # Copyright 1995-2002 Matt Wright mattw@scriptarchive.com #
        # Created 06/09/95 Last Modified 04/21/02 #
        # Matt's Script Archive, Inc.: http://www.scriptarchive.com/ #
        # COPYRIGHT NOTICE #
        # Copyright 1995-2002 Matthew M. Wright All Rights Reserved. #
        # #
        # FormMail may be used and modified free of charge by anyone so long as this #
        # copyright notice and the comments above remain intact. By using this #
        # code you agree to indemnify Matthew M. Wright from any liability that #
        # might arise from its use. #
        # #
        # Selling the code for this program without prior written consent is #
        # expressly forbidden. In other words, please ask first before you try and #
        # make money off of my program. #
        # #
        # Obtain permission before redistributing this software over the Internet or #
        # in any other medium. In all cases copyright and header must remain intact. #
        # ACCESS CONTROL FIX: Peter D. Thompson Yezek #
        # http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/62033 #
        # Define Variables #
        # Detailed Information Found In README File. #

# $mailprog defines the location of your sendmail program on your unix #
        # system. The flags -i and -t should be passed to sendmail in order to #
        # have it ignore single dots on a line and to read message for recipients #

$mailprog = '/usr/sbin/sendmail -i -t';

# @referers allows forms to be located only on servers which are defined #
        # in this field. This security fix from the last version which allowed #
        # anyone on any server to use your FormMail script on their web site. #

@referers = ('http://www.**********.co.uk','www.*********.co.uk','*********.co.uk');

# @recipients defines the e-mail addresses or domain names that e-mail can #
        # be sent to. This must be filled in correctly to prevent SPAM and allow #
        # valid addresses to receive e-mail. Read the documentation to find out how #
        # this variable works!!! It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. #
        @recipients = &fill_recipients('info@*********.co.uk');

# ACCESS CONTROL FIX: Peter D. Thompson Yezek #
        # @valid_ENV allows the sysadmin to define what environment variables can #
        # be reported via the env_report directive. This was implemented to fix #
        # the problem reported at http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/1187 #

@valid_ENV = ('REMOTE_HOST','REMOTE_ADDR','REMOTE_USER','HTTP_USER_AGENT');

# Done #

Comment

S'ok, sorted this with the nifty Form2mail Dreamweaver extension. Wicked!!!

Cheers DJ, top bloke!!!

Comment

Mark,

You may want to edit the posts to remove the email addresses before the spam bots get at them.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by TiggyPig
              S'ok, sorted this with the nifty Form2mail Dreamweaver extension. Wicked!!!

Cheers DJ, top bloke!!!
              Glad you like it Mark.

Makes life soooooo much easier...

(just make sure you put the form validator behaviour in place)
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
              X