Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROTX Charges

Hi all,

Since so many of you seem to use Protx, I decided to have a read of the site info. Looks good, but I have a question:

Are the charges on top of the CNP charges that your MA charges you?

Thanks,

Paul
    Paul Kelsall

www.benracing.co.uk

The best deals on RC racing cars, monster trucks, planes and helicopters from top brands like Kyosho, Traxxas, Hobao, HPI, JP Racing, Venom and Century .

In a word - Yes.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

So if you already have a credit card machine in the shop, then there is no point? Maybe it could save a little time?

Paul
      Paul Kelsall

www.benracing.co.uk

The best deals on RC racing cars, monster trucks, planes and helicopters from top brands like Kyosho, Traxxas, Hobao, HPI, JP Racing, Venom and Century .

Comment

You will need approval from your bank to accept CNP transactions transmitted over the internet.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Time is another consideration, the use of protx and the other systems like Worldpay offer time saving to the company and a vertualy seamless purchase option to the customer

If you ask them to send in their card data you stand a big risk that they will chew it over and not continue, but if it's all on the plate they have completed without further thought
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

also the customer's payment is authorised when they check out

no phoning the customer back because they've not got enough funds or given incorrect card details

Comment

also no sending out goods to a false address for a cloned or "lost" in the post card!!

Comment

Even with a terminal in each shop I still went with Protx for all the valid reasons stated before.

The cost benefits are greater than the perceived extra cost. Protx offers a cheaper solution than most and is little more than an extra terminal in the shop.

Given their Denial of Serivce attacks they had this year they have responded with a very robust system as I have remarked in other threads.

IMO Secpay is perhaps my second choice if I had to make one but I'm happy with Protx and staying there for now at least.

The question now I have for myself and opening it up to debate here is this...

I have other domains that I want to develop and will have on line purchasing with cards. But do I go with Protx and develop more muscle with them as a bigger client or do I use other processors and create other relationships that will allow a fall back position should one system in the future falls over more than another?

Does anyone else have multiple procesing accounts?

Duncan
                Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Interesting ?

I have processed around 3/4 million quid over the last few years and do not have any online credit card authorisation it is all manual. we take the credit card details online, download the orders, print the data entry report, check the order, then process manualy. we process the orders as card holder not present or mail orders as it was always known. if the address is rejected by the streamline terminal we call the customer and check it.

The only thing is we have our own SSL cert for £120 a year

I would not worry to much about processing cards online unless you can justify the costs.

hope this does not cloud the issue to much

Darren

Comment

There are different business that handle different products and services.

If you have a few but large value sales then off line works and can be manageable. BUT with smaller and volume orders on line is a done and dusted job done.

No fuffing around just get the orders out the door. As speed of supply in my type of line is king.

The bottom line is you have to choose what works for you.

Regards Duncan
                    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Working...
                    X