Problems transfering form one Host to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems transfering form one Host to another

As some of my domains that are parked are currently with UK2.net and as they fall due for renewal I have been transfering them to 1and1.

However this is best with problems with UK2 who are ignoring the emails sent by 1and1 to transfer. I must say that it is difficult now to get 1and1 to move fast now as they have changed their procedure in these circumstances.

So the question I'm asking have you had these experiences and if so how were they resolved?

And the rider to that is who else can offer a decent service?

TIA Duncan
    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Hi Duncan,
    The domains you are transferring, are they .coms? It does sound like they are as .com domains require confirmation by domain owner and domain administrator before the transfer can be processed. These emails are sent to the email addresses listed in WHOIS for the owner and the admin contact.

You should get these email addresses changed to your own email address to facilitate a quick transfer of the domains to the new domain company.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

They are/will be a mixture of .com, co.uk, net and org Fergus.

Looking for a long term plan.

TIA Duncan

Comment

i always use a 3rd party for domain regs, then you have control rather than your host

123reg are good for this, as are easily.co.uk

Comment

Have you tried from the UK2 end? http://amail.co.uk/moveaway.htm
          it's not a page they advertise!!!

Comment

I hadn't until you mentioned it and now I have. This looks like a solution as well.

By acident than by design I switched the nameservers and then back again to UK2 - this I have access to and as if by magic the transfer to 1 and 1 started.
            I can't say that what I did contributed to the move and it may have been that the process had been going on for a while. But it would be interesting to see if it happens again.

But I appreciate the link that I will try that one when the next domain/s come up for renewal.

TIA Duncan

Comment

Working...
            X