Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Re-Design or Not To Redesign - Well I Did!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Re-Design or Not To Redesign - Well I Did!

At long last it's finished (should have been over a week ago but I made a very very silly mistake and lost most of what I'd done )

Couple of odd tweaks to do now it's live - but it's there......

I think it looks cleaner and I hope less "hobbyish" but hopefully keeps a friendly and easy to use feel which is what all our customers seemed to like about the last version.

If anyone has any comments (good, bad or indifferent ) I'd be grateful -

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

I think its a huge improvement Kathy - I completely agree with you when you say it has gone beyond 'hobbyist'.

http://www.puddlepetcare.co.uk/acata...ds_&_Tags.html - Loses the right hand boxes, but i'm not sure whether thats intentional or not?

If i'm being really picky i'd say that you could do more with the header strip - but thats not to say it doesn't look good as it is.

Well played. You've inspired me to do some updates on my own site!

Nick - theperfectpad.co.uk
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

I don't see any problem with the right hand boxes, and I like the sparseness of the header - it sort of drives the eye to focus on the product graphics.

I would question use of duplicate graphic on the first two items - they are different items, so deserve different graphics - even if you just use 'flip horizontal' in your favourite graphics package

Well done Kathy.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Wow Kathy - looks fabbo! I love the thing in the bag toy in your cat products - trouble is I think it would scare the heck out of my cats so might have to get one for hubby instead (oh, he'd have hours of fun with that - probably scaring the cats mind you - you know what they're like!).

Did you change your whole site theme? I'm thinking of taking the plunge on that score. It's a difficult decision as although our site has a "hobbyist" look to it in certain regards, we get so much great feedback that I think that might be part of its appeal which could get lost if we do make the jump. A lot of our competition have much more "designed" looks to their sites, but they all end up looking the same!

Have you noticed an improvement in sales/feedback since you made the changes? From comparing the old site to the "new and improved" I would be surprised if it didn't!

Regards - Helen

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          I don't see any problem with the right hand boxes, and I like the sparseness of the header - it sort of drives the eye to focus on the product graphics.

Em - OK - I can still see it here!

I would question use of duplicate graphic on the first two items - they are different items, so deserve different graphics - even if you just use 'flip horizontal' in your favourite graphics package

Can you tell me which duplicate graphic it is - I can't see any - mind you it is only 7.30am and I didnt' get to bed till gone 1am - so that may have something to do with it!

Well done Kathy.
          Thanks Bill.

Kathy
          Kathy Newman

Comment

[QUOTE=Luddite]I think its a huge improvement Kathy - I completely agree with you when you say it has gone beyond 'hobbyist'.

http://www.puddlepetcare.co.uk/acata...ds_&_Tags.html - Loses the right hand boxes, but i'm not sure whether thats intentional or not?

Not sure it was intentional - I'll go and have a look.

If i'm being really picky i'd say that you could do more with the header strip - but thats not to say it doesn't look good as it is.

Well played. You've inspired me to do some updates on my own site!

Nick - I think your site is great! Just wish I had LOTS & LOTS of money to spend!

Kathy
            Kathy Newman

Comment

Thanks Helen

The Thing in a Bag was our biggest seller last Christmas and think it along with the Bug Jar might be again the Christmas. Sure your hubby would love one!

I did change the whole site theme. I was really worried about changing it in some respects as the biggest comment we got from our customers was they liked the design, it was well laid out and easy to navitage. What I hopefully have done is keep all those aspects but just made it look clearner and tidier and a bit different - hope the customers still think the same. I pondered doing this for about 6 months before taking the plunge.........

Not noticed any improvement in sales yet - it only went live at lunchtime yesterday so a bit early to tell I think! Hoping it does increase sales though.

Kathy
              Kathy Newman

Comment

Can you tell me which duplicate graphic it is
                I need new glasses - it's an add on to the existing product. First you have the Bucchi bag and lead, then the same graphic is used on the special offer blinkers. But should the combined price not be 10.98?
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                X