Make me a Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make me a Million

Did anyone else watch this last week? Did the bloke working on the shampoo business make your flesh crawl? For me the epitomised the worst of a what being in business can make you become. Totally manipualting two friends, wrecking someones life, and all for a profit, when it would have been quite easy to still make a profit (less, OK, but still a profit) and not be a total @rsehole.
    Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
    http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Emma (the guru for the bed couple) is an existing customer long before she made any money - she has very cheekily mass emailed all her contact book for people to make enquiries into the product at several department stores in the hope they will list the product ... thereby making a sale to the store and adding towards their million target!!

Cheating or clever business?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I don't know if that's cheating... but a client of ours has engaged a marketing company to generate PRESS COVERAGE, and the goal is to drive consumers into retailers who will enquire about the product - this SHOULD result in more retailers stocking the items... which SHOULD result in more end-user sales...

It sounds great in theory - but to me, it's a $50,000 US Dollar gamble... they begin work this month... let's wait and see ... the marketing agency is predicting a 200-300% increase in sales... so it does sound like a fairly good gamble... who knows, if it pays, I might signup myself!
      Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
      Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
      NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

I suppose it is just a step up (or down) from companies employing people in user groups and forums to hype a product and spread the word.

Hopefully for the "Make me a Million" program the terms are not invoice on sale!

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I am not impressed with Halos & Horns, I emailled from a link on their site after last week's programme enquiring about trade rates and still not had a reply. Found something else I like instead now.
          Miranda Stamp
          Twinkle Twinkle
          www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
          Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Working...
          X