The 2006 Ultimate Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2006 Ultimate Wish List

I hope that all Actinic users may contribute to this thread to offer the providers a [B]clear[B] picture of what we want from our software in the coming year, a posting http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=18022&page=2 which I made here in the V7 support forum is just one of many to request improvements... to date I have seen few.

Here's my contribution for features;
    1. Drop Shipping Module - With Supplier Database
    2. Fully Automated Order Processing - Payment Authority Required
    3. Shipping Integration for UK / Europe and Tracking Module Live
    4. Accurate and Versatile Shipping Calculation - With Drop Ship Considered (Multiple Location)
    5. Image Rotation for Components / Options as Standard
    6. Multi Tier Affiliate Program Incorporated - Account Customers Included
    7. Dynamic Price Assembly - Based on Pricing Model TRUE Price Shown in Catalogue
    8. ROR / RSS and other Automated Dump Feeds for Search Engines
    9. Customer Defaults Override Default Data, free shipping etc etc
    10. Sections for Members viewable only by Members, not just hidden products...
    11. Lost Password Link and Dynamic Apply for Account System
    12. Call Centre Friendly Order Platform Pages

These are some of the matters higher up on my list, yes there are mods available by some of the good people whom have taken this into their own hands and we thank God for all of them... so don't tell us here about mods available, please just let Actinic know what you feel is important to have for the next edition.

If we don't speak they'll never know.

There is a wish list on the Actinic site over at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/wishlist.htm

I know Actiinc do take on board wishes and seem to incorporate them as appropriate. I imagine it is now too late for v8 as this must be in the latter stages of testing. I know several of your list have cropped up throughout the year so hopefully will have made v8. Some won't make the cut as word from one of the Mods yesterday revealed v8 will not be database driven (on the live site)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It might be nice for Actinic to publish a full list of suggested mods or improvements made over the forum in the last few years, and then let each registered user of actinic vote for their top 20 items.

From my own observations it looks like there is a damand from some, for a top end solution way above what actinic has traditionally done, this is fine as long as we also continue with the traditional route which must have tons more mileage to go for many of the smaller to medium companies, who i am sure would prefer simplicity and bug free slight improvements rather than large jumps which cause loads of problems down the road for little gain to most of us

Just look at the problems that needed sorting with ver 7 over ver 6 when it was first released
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi David

And thanks for your top list of suggestions. It's really great for us to see what our customers want to see.

Jon - the address for the wish list submissions is actually http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/wishlist.htm

Chris, I'm going to talk to my boss today and see if we can do something about putting together a list of top suggestions. I think it's worthwhile, although the normal disclaimers will apply about even the most popular features may not make it into the product if there is a large strategic change being made to the software which uses up a lot of our development resource.

Comment

Good of you to acknowledge this Chris.

Some are (new) additions and some are maybe essential bits of tweaking up though...

Wonder what gets priority...
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

One I forgot about;

"Register Here" for an account and get access to Special Offers blah blah, which would be nice if coupled with an optional registration fee / subscription auto billing module.

Very useful for Business users and those offering digital downloads etc.

Comment

...six months on, any advances or updates?

Comment

...six months on, any advances or updates?
                There will be an announcement shortly about future versions of Actinic.

Comment

Chris,

Go on give us a clue

Does shortly mean a week, couple of weeks, month, 6 months or longer!

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                    There will be an announcement shortly about future versions of Actinic.
                    From dictionary.com

shortˇly
                    adv.
                    In a short time; soon.
                    In a few words; concisely.
                    In an abrupt manner; curtly.

shortly

adv 1: for a short time; "he was at the airport shortly before she was expected to arrive" [syn: not long] 2: in the near future; "the doctor will soon be here"; "the book will appear shortly"; "she will arrive presently"; "we should have news before long" [syn: soon, presently, before long] 3: in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner; "he told me curtly to get on with it"; "he talked short with everyone"; "he said shortly that he didn't like it" [syn: curtly, short] 4: in a concise manner; in a few words; "the history is summed up concisely in this book"; "she replied briefly"; "briefly, we have a problem"; "to put it shortly" [syn: concisely, briefly, in brief, in short] 5: at a short distance; "the hem fell shortly below her knees" [syn: not far]

Okay, that means soon. Agree?

Do you need Mrs George's definition of "soon"?

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Okay, that means soon. Agree?
                      Definitely agree!

Comment

Working...
                      X