what is froogle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is froogle

Can some one please explan what froogle is, I notice I have an option to tick a box to enable froogle in my version 7 but dont know if I should tick it or what I need to do. I did breifly look at the froogle site but once reg it wanted me to put a link in and at that point I was lost?
    Any advise please.
    Gary

Froogle is a part of Google that offers a free service to list products that may then be seacrhed.

Actinic has the ability to output a feed that may be used to submit products to Froogle.

Links to UK Froogle Info:
    Frrogle Search
    Froogle Merchant Information

Duncan R

Comment

Thanks
      I have reg with froogle.
      As Actinic has the froogle buttons to tick, is it as simple a job as that just tick the froogle feed buttons on the products pages or do I have to do that and the other requests in froogle Step 4: Create and upload your feed.
      Gary

Comment

There's a couple of things to do:

In Actinic you will need to select which products you wish to have as part of the feed.

Then export the feed - open it in Notepad and delete the first two lines.

In your Froogle account ensure that you have selected 'Yes' to Quoted Fields.

Then upload your feed, wait patiently for a couple of days and check back to see if there's any errors.

That's it.

Mole End (Jan) also does a Froogle Mash program that can do a bit more:
        http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/ME_FroogleMashDef.html

Duncan R

Comment

You will also need to add VAT to your prices if you include VAT, duplicate products should be removed from the feed produced and you should mark any zero priced products as exclude from froogle so that they are not included in the feed.

Once you have uploaded it can take a few days for the feed to be processed, then once accepted it can take a few days for products to appear and then once prodiucts appear it seems to take a while for their images to show.

Froogle seems to be a little unwell at the moment, lots of people can't upload
          and valid feed files are being rejected, by the way.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X