Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using dreamweaver with actinic?

Hi,

I'm quite new to the actinic software and I read it can work along side dreamweaver. I've built up a few sites with the actinic software now and I want to change the cosmetics of these sites as the templates are a little plane.

How easy is it to do this? and which is the better one to use dreamweaver 4 or MX?

cheers
    Mostly Undercontruction...

I use DW MX (don't know about 4) - you will need to load the DW Extension Manager and then the Actinic Extension (info in Advanced users guide). You will find that although you can make layout changes you will need to open and preview in Actinic (and or your browser) frequently to see the actual modified layout properly.
    It's not difficult to do.

Duncan R

Comment

Cheers i'm in the midst of getting the boss to buy me MX, just needed a good enough reason as I'm pretty limited with DW4.

Comment

The very latest version is supposed to be very good especially with css. Check the forum search about using the Actinic extension with that version first though, I know there was some discussions some time ago about it.

Duncan R

Comment

There is no problem with the Actinic extension in Dreamweaver 8. I asked about it a little while ago, but then tried again and it configured OK.

David
          -----------------------------
          www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

I've been using Dreamweaver 8 with Actinic from day one. Never had a problem installing the extensions and it has helped me understand the program a lot quicker and it is so easy to customise... wouldn't want to do it any other way - unless your happy with the template look!

Comment

Cheers for the advice.
              I am going to upgrade to Dreamweaver 8 ASAP.

Just need to find it at a reasonable price.

Comment

go for the update, i think you can get the whole suite for about £350.
                www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

I have now got a copy of DW8 much better I must say!

Now poses a problem, I went to change a page and ended up changing every page to look like aht I want the index page to look like. What file should I ammend to change just the index page?

is it a case of downloading that page changing what I want to and then uploading it again?

Comment

If you're using the Brochure pages then Act_BrochurePrimary.Html and the main Catalog page is Act_Primary.Html.

I've been using Actinic for about a month now and couldn't have done it without DW8.

Cheers!
                    Bill

HTML Code:
                    <a href="www.spicesofindia.co.uk">www.spicesofindia.co.uk</a>

Comment

To have only one page change, you need to make a copy of the original template and save to a new name, edit, then assign that new name as the overall layout template for the one page you want to change.
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

thank you!

I am very greatful for all this help

Comment