Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Ideas?

Hi,

My brain feels fried, stuck in a rut and cant think of a thing to improve the look of my site.

About 6 ish months ago Gary Hay kindly updated us from v6 to v7 and made some alterations with the look of the site, however I need to give the site a better look (to me it looks a little bland) although the work Gary did was fine at the time. I am also altering the layout of products from a full list on one page linking to each product on its own page, this is taking far longer than i thought and so have not had time to look at the overall "look" of the site and to be honest have not got a clue what is good and whats not!

If some of you would be kind enough to take a look through it and give me feedback I would be very grateful any input would be good negative or positive.

The sections that i have been working on to give one page of listed products each linking to its own page is mainly in the landscape power section so any thoughts on them would be great to.

Thanks for looking
    Lee
    www.hobuk.co.uk
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Re: pages like http://www.hobuk.co.uk/acatalog/Autofeed_Screwguns.html where you have very large images and consequently a lot of tall, skinny text.

It would be very easy to use an amended Product Template for these pages that either wraps the text around the image, or shows just the name to the right of the image, with the description underneath. If you post the Template you use for these Products I can send you back a couple of amended ones.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,

I will do that on Monday thanks, I need to speak to you with regards your up sell add on, I have looked through the email you sent me and am baffled! just need some advise on how to intergrate it.

Thanks
      Lee
      Many Thanks
      Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hobuk
        I am also altering the layout of products from a full list on one page linking to each product on its own page, this is taking far longer than i thought and so have not had time to look at the overall "look" of the site and to be honest have not got a clue what is good and whats not!
        I reckon you are going the right way - it certainly looks better! I have tried to do the same thing with my site (www.treatmentgels.co.uk) and found it tedious until I put the base details into Excel and automated it. It took careful selection of section names so that I could concatenate to create fields and matching images, etc, but by using formulae and generating columns automatically it worked in the end!

Anthea

ps - thanks to trying to answer your question, I found a "bug" had crept into the site and was able to fix it - I shudder to think how long it has been there!
        Anf
        New Year - new YOU!
        (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Design Ideas - Product template

Hi Norman,

Thanks for your help with this here is my product template

Kind Regards
          Lee
          www.hobuk.co.uk
          Attached Files
          Many Thanks
          Lee

Comment

Just my personal opinion...

I have a 17" widescreen laptop with high res screen that I use to view websites. I opened your homepage and there were 6 different moving/flashing images that I can see on the screen at one time... this is very distracting and takes the eye away from the content of what you really want your visitors to see.

My personal preference would be to either remove all flashy things or only have one or at the most two of them.

Comment

Lee. Here is an alternative template that wraps the text around the image.

If you want to force text to break under the image (so as not to mess up a list for example) then add this to your Description in the appropriate place.

!!<<br clear=all>>!!

Norman
              Attached Files

Comment

And here is another that only puts the Product Name to the right of the image. Everything else goes underneath - full width.
                Attached Files

Comment

I did something similar under the v6 forum which will work in v7 ... it uses CSS to float the image and long product description text will wrap to the side of the image and then beneath - the thread was started by bladders

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Norman,

Templates work a great, your a star

Thanks
                    Lee
                    Many Thanks
                    Lee

Comment

Working...
                    X