X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tidying out yer emails

Jeez, thats seriously a lot of work!

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

One of my many pet foibles - I "have" keep on top of them every day - deleting, moving to folders and archiving ... winds me up no end when I use anothers machine on the network and they have 300+ unread spam emails in the deleted folder. WHY NOT DELETE THEM? Jeez

George - are you still with CLARA? If you don't already have them set I can email you a list of RBL servers to filter further spam if thats of help... you will have to take care of your own sales enquiries mind

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yeah, still with Clara (seem to be okay for now?).

Not meaning spam, just the regular `when will i expect the order` or `do you have it in blue and white` type enquiries. Meaning theres a reply from us also, and maybe another on from the customer. Always try to keep them filed for a while before deleting.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I got my web designer to make me up a ticket service so it's all managed through there.

If it's a technical support query I can pass it on. If it's a sale or order query then I can answer it.

Much easier than using email. A lot of people tend to click the "don't include original message in reply" box and it causes real problems when they reply to you a few days later and you've forgotten what about !

With the ticket service it keeps a list of the whole conversation until the ticket is closed. You can also search for previous conversations by email address.

Comment

I keep a copy of my emails on the server for 45 days.

My email client only deletes from the server when emails are >45days, so I remove all emails I think i have finished with. (But I have then on the mail server for 45 days if i need them).

Seems to work for me.

It also acts as a backup too, if I trash my PC

Comment

I archive email to CD and keep it. Reloading occasionally to make sure it is still readable - also keep hard copy of anything relating to changes in an order.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

For incoming Actinic Order related emails, I copy and paste the contents from Outlook into the Journal tab relating to the order, and reply using the email tab on the order. That way, there is a permanent history attached to the order, so that any future queries can be resolved quickly.
              Brian
              www.flowergallery.co.uk
              Same day flower delivery to UK
              Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
              International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Working...
              X