Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an accountant

Hello there,

I am looking for a good, reliable accountant who is used to deal with small online business. Preferably in the greater London area but not a nessecity.

Do not stop giving me names because somebody already answered, I would like to contact several.

Many thanks for your help,
    Nicolas Mekchoudi
    www.carametis.co.uk
    Men's Jewellery & Titanium Watches and Jewellery

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=18904

Comment

This question is likely to open up quite a debate

For most of us there are about three types of accountant / book-keeper

The big companies who generally charge the most, but not a vast difference in percentage terms, can offer a fixed charge, will definatly complete your returns on time and in most cases give you great advise if you ask the right questions

The indipendant accountant who should be able to offer the same as above but can often take a long time to do your books if he is busy (if not busy what is wrong with him /her), most likely will not be able to offer the same amount of advice as they are on their own and limited on what courses etc they can attend, should be slightly cheaper than large firm, probably more friendly

The Book-keeper is probably someone who studied accountancy and did not take the exams for some reason or brought up in a company as accounts clerk. far cheaper than both above but generally best served entering your sales and purchase details, may be able to undertake final accounts, but most appear not to want to. Not able to give the best advice as they are likely to be out or daily contact with established accountancy practises and chartered associations

At some stage you will need to be computerised with one of the main software systems, so make sure they are happy using the one you want, or listen to their reasons for a different system (they may well have more information on what system fits the bill, better for when you grow etc)

As always check out a sample by both quotes and personnel interview to establish who fits the bill, you may well end up working with them for many happy years, or as a frustrated company owner.

Best of luck
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hello there,
        Thanks for your answers, I am not looking to start a debate on the different types of accounting servives one might get, just a recommendation, a person you have been using and will be happy to recommend. Contact me by email at info@carametis.co.uk if you do not want his/her name to be made public on the forum.
        Many thanks, Nicolas Mekchoudi
        www.carametis.co.uk
        Men's Jewellery & Titanium Watches and Jewellery

Comment

Working...
        X