Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone Live

Hi Community

Thank you to all who supported me to convert my site to Actinic . My website www.surbitonart.co.uk is up and running. I had to do lot of "work around" to make the site working. After I loaded onto the test site and found it working as expected, I have switch it to production mode. When I went to check my website www.surbitonart.co.uk it nowhere to be seen and got error message. When I put http://www.surbitonart.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html it was working. So I had to create an index page bellow the root directory to make it working. Why is it not recognising without this Index page. Also having problem linking it to shared SSL. It's seem to be a common problem as I see lot of similar issue raised in the community board.

Just matter of interest, can someone please let me know the cost of creating such site would be . It took me just over two months to convert the site, that’s including learning to use Actininc. Is it with in the time frame.

Any Comments please

Regards

Phillip Jeganathan
    Surbiton Art and Sugarcraft

Hi Phillip,

may be worth removing the middle paragraph before the mods see it - they are not too keen on out and out advertising.

The root of the website is beneath the /acatalog/ folder. Have you checked you have the homepage set to be used as the homepage? If you want to use the acatalog/index.html as the homepage you can set up a .htaccess redirect - check out the forum or the web on how to set this up (if your server allows it)

As for the SSL if you can post your setting (less username and password) and advice who you are hosting with someone may be able to help

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      Hi Phillip,

may be worth removing the middle paragraph before the mods see it - they are not too keen on out and out advertising.

The root of the website is beneath the /acatalog/ folder. Have you checked you have the homepage set to be used as the homepage? If you want to use the acatalog/index.html as the homepage you can set up a .htaccess redirect - check out the forum or the web on how to set this up (if your server allows it)

As for the SSL if you can post your setting (less username and password) and advice who you are hosting with someone may be able to help
      Thanks for the comment about the paragraph. I have removed it

Phillip

Comment

Yor're gonna hate me Phillip, but first impressions I get is that its a gardening website. Maybe better in white, and with a cake or something as one of the first pictures you see?

Sorry for being negative.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

We are UK's leading sugarcraft and Cake Decorators' centre.
          are you really! can you substantiate this claim?

As George says' the site design is not in keeping with the product you sell. To me thesite should be whites and pastels.

thename Surbiton Art also lead me to assume this is an art gallery site, so what with me thinking art gallery and george thinking garden centre, you have an issue of identity.

I'd prefer to see the domain sugarcraft.co.uk or somethingsimilar.

as for your request re cost - there is no definate answer here, it seems that all the work involved here was product input, which is always best done by the client, (as you don't want to pay designer rate for data input)

There is no real design in the site, so to be brutally honest, if we had done this site the end result would not be comparable.

The images have not be optimsed very well they appear quite pixellated.

And IMO it is better to have all section images the same width and height as thisallows for a better layout.

Comment

Thank you both for your comments. It make me think again about the theme. We are the only shop in the UK selling sugarcraft and Art materials under one roof. Certainly with these comprehensive range of products. but the art materials not listed yet.

Regarding name all the relevent names are gone, so the compromise.

I am not a developper nor programmer. I never even heard of Actinic Softwere until just two months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by surbit100
              I never even heard of Actinic Softwere until just two months ago.
              Shame on you! (only joking)
              Stick with this forum - There are loads of people on here happy to help you out.
              Nick
              Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Working...
              X