Outlook crash with Mcfee spamkiller expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlook crash with Mcfee spamkiller expired

Over the weekend I had a problem that Outlook would not open, tried re-install etc and multi virus scans etx to no avail

As a minor point on Sat also had the McFee spamkiller tell me i had expired on the software and to contact them to renew

After spending whole weekend and Monday trying to recover outlook and all the messages, today I had enough of mcfee spamkiller and went into control pannel and removed it from computer ( mainly as it never worked as well as i wanted and partly due to reminders to renew)

The answer to my prayers, once spamfilter removed Outlook back up and running without a problem

must be a bug when the software expires

Frustrated but relieved
    Chris Ashdown

Software based spam stoppers invariably don't work and just add to slowing your system down.

I have tried and removed various plug-ins over the years and now tend to work on using RBL filters on the mail server re-directing to spam@domain.co.uk which I check on a weekly basis on the remote off-chance something has been tagged incorrectly (once in 24 months) by the listing houses

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X