Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postage Pricing

Hi,

There seems to be a lot of people out there who have static postage and also quite a few who have weight or item based pricing.

What are the Pros/cons, and what do you suggest and charge?

Thanks,
    Paul.

I believe most customers want a simple delivery charge.
    Pricing by weight, although perhas the best for the merchant is more complicated for the customer.
    Static postage (with variances for product weight built into the selling price) is usually more preferable for customers as they know up front exactly what they will have to pay for any purchase.

Comment

I agree with Duncan. Keep it simple.

We have a 3 bands for postage based on order value, with free post being offered for orders over £65.00 which is based on our band 3 tariff. Of course, you may have to build in some margin to cover packaging materials and time spent handling items for despatch.

David
      Diecast Devon

www.diecastdevon.co.uk

Comment

agree with Duncan and David.

We charge $10 for all orders. We used to have a tiered system where postage increased when order value increased. However since starting this flat rate system order values have increased

We do however still use weight based for international orders - and I'm suprised at the number of those we're getting too

Comment

Are you able to have fixed price for normal customers, and weighted prices for other customers?

We are planning on selling retail, but also wholesale, which could mean a pallet load (which we won't be charging 3.95 for!!).

Thanks,
          Paul.

Comment

Working...
          X