AllAffiliatePro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AllAffiliatePro

To those of you that use AllAffiliatePro.......I think I'm running into problems because I display my prices in Euros’ as well as £. Have any of you come across this problem and can you confirm my suspicions?
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

I thought I saw something about this awhile ago.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...euro+affiliate

Its not the same affiliate program but it does talk about dual currency issues

Comment

I use AAP and also have £ and Euros. Lyle changed a script in my AAP installation to allow it to work. Don't know what he changed though I'm afraid, you'd have to contact him. (Probably in clickme2.cgi but not sure)

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I thought this might be the case but just wanted it confirming. I've sent Lyle an email, just waiting for him to get back to me

Comment

While I'm here.......am I right in thinking that because I have more than one product per page that if I use the pay-per-sale option, commission will be based on all products associated with that page? Is there a way to direct a link to a specific product within a list of products?

Comment

Every product has an anchor on the page. Such as:
            http://www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co...ckle.html#a377
            This is the section page name appended with the anchor for the product. The anchor is the product ref preceeded by #a - in this case #a377

This might help you.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
              Every product has an anchor on the page. Such as:
              http://www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co...ckle.html#a377
              This is the section page name appended with the anchor for the product. The anchor is the product ref preceeded by #a - in this case #a377

This might help you.
              Duncan, that's exactly what I'm after......thank you

Comment

Okay.....so I'm sort of getting my head around the program I've got it set up in two ways, a pay per click (payment for a unique click aimed in my direction) and a pay per sale (commission payment for a sale) option, seems straight forward enough. Just a couple of points:

1) The pay for sale: Am I right in thinking that this cannot be directed at an individual product? Any product purchased by a referred customer will generate a payment?

2) If the above is correct why become a pay per click affiliate?.....you might as well put a banner up on your site and take commission

Am I missing something here?

Comment

Pay per click is usually earns a lot less than pay per sale, but pay per click is guarenteed to earn you something.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I know I keep asking questions regarding a non Actinic product.....but I get the feeling that I'd be waiting longer for an answer if I took the official route......in a nutshell, longer than I prepared to wait, so please accept my appologies in advance.

Here it is:

I've an affiliate that's after creating text links within email messages. Has anyone managed to set this up with AllAffiliatePro? I'm struggling with it

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Comment

I have this working. As well as normal affiliates I also create a new affiliate per newsletter and use AAP to track and monitor the newsletter feedback. I create deep links direct to products in the newsletter such as this:
                      Code:
                      http://www.fancylines.co.uk/affiliates/index.cgi?exec=affiliatename&site=site1&fd=acatalog/Dress_Skirt_Dancer_Combo.html
                      The link can be used from email or website link.

Comment

I have this working. As well as normal affiliates I also create a new affiliate per newsletter and use AAP to track and monitor the newsletter feedback. I create deep links direct to products in the newsletter such as this:
                        Code:
                        http://www.fancylines.co.uk/affiliates/index.cgi?exec=affiliatename&site=site1&fd=acatalog/Dress_Skirt_Dancer_Combo.html
                        The link can be used from email or website link.
                        Thanks for that. I've worked out that you can do it via the LinkCodeGenerator by adding extra code to the one generated when you create a banner or text link. But it does warn about offering an affiliate email links as they could use the link within spam emails and your host canceling your hosting account.

I'm now unsure of what to do

Comment

Originally posted by Bun
                          ...But it does warn about offering an affiliate email links as they could use the link within spam emails and your host canceling your hosting account.

I'm now unsure of what to do
                          That's a good point - I have only used links like that in newsletters however I guess the same principle applies with any link in an email. The affiliate could always just put an ordinary affiliate text or banner link in an email anyway.

It really depends whether you can trust your affiliate - if they have already got a track record with you.

Comment

The affiliate could always just put an ordinary affiliate text or banner link in an email anyway.
                            Yeah, that's what they were trying to do initially, but the program wouldn't associate the ordinary text or banner link with them. It directed the link to the site but didn't credit them with the link

You're right, I suppose any link can be taken from any email and copied?

Comment

The anchor is the product ref preceeded by #a - in this case #a377
                              Note that this gets modified a bit for non alphanumerics in the product Reference.

These characters get replaced by _nn (where nn is the 2 digit hexadecimal code for that character).

So product ref 5-A would produce named anchor a5_2dA - 2d being the Hex code for a minus character.
                              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                              X