X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we got a date yet?

for actinic version 8?

just about to redesign www.classixshop.com
    i want to know if i should wait till actinic 8 comes out or just go ahead with it now...

a ball park figure would do

cheers.

If you have the licence to create the site then you may as well create now - the site will upgrade itself into v8 as and when it appears ... as noone knows what features are due in v8 probably no point in waiting ... design is really external to Actinic anyways so v8 will not help with that regardless of what tricks it brings with it.

Actinic won't release a due date until they are all ready in development testing - unlike others who promise the earth and then actually release 18 months later (windows Vista anyone?)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

ok, thanks for the advice.

also how do i apply for a trial site to upload to? i take it i need to ring customer services?

Comment

If you have the space on your server you can always upload to that - either into a different folder on the server or even say test.site.com rather than www.site.com

Bikster

Comment

yea good point, cheers!

Comment

ok so im gonna upload to a different folder on the server, but will i cause problems if i use the same cgi-bin as currently being used?

Comment

Create a new cgi-bin folder on the server and point the set up to that just to be safe and Actinic will load to the new location

Bikster

Comment

Working...
              X