SAGE Line 50 Product prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAGE Line 50 Product prices

Traditionally we have manually updated prices in Actinic, We have also inserted new products into actinic

We use the link software to transfer sales to line 50 at the end of each month

We do not use stock control

We have been updateing the sage product file to the correct details and prices before posting sales to line 50

Now for the question

Do we actually need to have the products included in sage line 50 products file and are they used in the file transfer or?

Could we just link accross as it looks like sage uses the transfered details and prices from the link and it seems a lot of bother keeping the product file sincronised with the actinic details?

What happens if the product in the transfered data is not included in the product file in sage?
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris,

I am not aware about a Product file, but 'Actinic Link' connects to the Sage database file that we point 'Actinic Link' to, and then transfers the orders in Actinic (from csv files Actinic has exported the download orders to) to this file. This will bring in the order details (product details like price, quantity..etc) and update the database in Sage. Actinic Link also can define the 'Product reference translation' to map the products being transfered from Actinic to Sage hence the price list if changed in Actinic will reflect is Sage when importing (provided the 'Product reference translation' is set correctly in Actinic Link).
    Kind Regards,

Seeths
    SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Seethapathy
      Actinic Link also can define the 'Product reference translation' to map the products being transfered from Actinic to Sage hence the price list if changed in Actinic will reflect is Sage when importing (provided the 'Product reference translation' is set correctly in Actinic Link).
      Many thanks, could you please expand on this as it is not quite clear to me
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris

My apologies, I was not entirely right on my previous post. However, I've now got this clarified (confirmed and tested as well ).
        Actinic Link has been designed to move the Product data from Sage to Actinic. But the reverse (Actinic to Sage) will only allow the Orders from Actinic to be transfered to Sage. Hence the Original Product details in Sage will be independent of the Orders being imported into Actinic. To be more specific, any price change and product detail modification in Actinic(orders) will not in anyway affect or change the Original product details already in Sage.
        Kind Regards,

Seeths
        SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks, that clears that up.

Thanks for your time
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X