Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Grow the Subject Actinic on Wikipedia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Grow the Subject Actinic on Wikipedia...

As a fan of Actinic I have contributed to the Actinic article on Wikipedia, but one user keeps deleting my edits, saying they are not valid and that actinic ecommerce is not deserving of inclusion in the list of ecommerce software listed on wikipedia. (you can read parts of my debate on the discussion tab for this article)

For those of you not familiar with Wikipedia it is a free online encyclopedia that anyone can edit and contribute to. You can make edits anonymously or create an account and make contributions.

I feel strongly that it should be included and the best way to do that is to have other users add their thoughts and comments. So if you have the time please participate and help grow the actinic article.

Hi Fred,

the other users comments are probably fair viz. the info is a reapeat of what can be found elsewhere and can appear to be a sales pitch by Actinic.

If you are a fan of the product propbably best to include the reasons why you like it, your experience, tips and tricks you have found during your use etc.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Fred,

I have to agree with the other user (and jont). I think the introductory paragraph and a bit if the history is all that's needed on Wikipedia. Actinic is just a software tool - it does exactly what it says on the tin and does it very well - but thats all it is.

Personally, I use Wikipedia for articles on things like the British Raj, and the Opium Wars; not to find which shopping-cart software to buy.

Alan

Comment

strange why he's a fan of actinic and posting on wikipedia, but he's only got one post on this forum?

surely if he was a big fan he'd be posting more on here no?
        <a href="http://www.diskdepot.co.uk">Click here for all your blank DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-R and ink needs.</a>

Comment

Of course you can't believe everything you read on Wikipedia, as this recent news article illustrates nicely

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50902

Jim
          www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

Working...
          X