Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Actinic Database Information for Labels etc

Hi,

I am quite new to Actinic, and have set up my own website.

My biggest bugbear is the lack of an easy export route for my orders into excel.

I want to get round this by using the standard exports which go to 4 files (persons,orders,orderlines & payments) and then using a macro in excel to get all this information together as I want it.

Then I can use this information to print labels, send bulk emails, or anything else I want.

Can anyone tell me if this has already been done elsewhere or if it is something they would find useful if I succeed in doing it?

cheers,
    duncan

You can query the actinic database directly from excel.

Data>Get external data

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

If you just want the address details you can get these from the persons module in V7 or you can use the mailing lists feature in V8 (we have this as a plugin for earlier versions of Actinic). As Mike said you can also use the get external data feature in excel to pull the data straight from the database, the benefit of this is that you can join tables together so that you end up with a single row of data for each order.

We have a plugin called One Stop Order Processing that allows you to build views on your order data, once you have created a view, the advanced version of the program allows you to export it as well. It is nice. You can find more details and a free trial for this product at this URL below :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html

You can also run this program from any PC on your network which can be useful at times.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X