Affiliate Programme Integration Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affiliate Programme Integration Help Needed

We have been running an online shop (www.madaboutjewellery.com) for five years using Actinic pretty much all the way. We are currently running Version 6.1.3.0.0.0.DHBA.

Edited this bit out. Sorry it doesn't make sense any more.

As I said we are quite prepared to pay for someone to help us integrate this. I think the best way is to simply use the necessary original actinic files. If you haven't got these for the above version, I can send them.

Hope there's someone out there who can do this. Look forward to hearing from you.

Mark

PS. Can't seem to get this text to wrap!!

If you edit your first post and stick the quotes inside [ quote ] and [ / quote ] without any spaces inside the [] brackets, and the code fragments inside [ code ] and [ / code ] - again without any spaces inside the [] brackets, that will control the width and we will be able to see what you are asking.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

This is our Webgains tracking code, to be inserted in Order 4 template, you should be able to adapt it by putting in your account no etc:-

Content deleted on request by Webgains, must be a state secret how you get Actinic to work with Webgains!

I don't know what all the other stuff from Webgainsd is, did you tell them you were using Actinic?
      Last edited by buspassjohn; 26-Oct-2006, 03:15 PM. Reason: Request from Webgains

Comment

Many thanks buspassjohn, I will give it a go. Thanks also to you wjcampbe for the useful tip. Will let you know the result.
        Mark

Comment

tracking code

Hello,
          I would kindly ask that you amend your posts as soon as possible, as this is in breach of intelectual property, as per both your contracts.

To clarify: we prefer not integrating in plain javascript (standard tracking method), as it's not very secure and it's very limiting to the tracking and reporting facilities it provides. We strongly recommend to all our merchants to integrate our advanced tracking (scripting language+javascript) which is far more secure and allows the merchant to break down the transaction in a number of different ways. We have had some merchants using actinic who successfully integrated our advanced tracking by amending their perl scripts; however, we have integrated some merchants on standard tracking, due to their limited technical resources.

I would greatly appreciate swiftly actioning your posts.

thanks very much
          Hero
          Webgains Ltd

Comment

I think Hero's asking you to remove the code details from your posts.

Not sure why he didn't just say so though.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

He's a she! I assume they wantto keep the tracking code secret from competitors, as if!

I will delete it, as it doesn't seem to have helped, presumably I got the simple one because of my limited ability! and I thought it was in deference to my years!

Comment

It did help actually busspassjohn and I thank you for responding. I also am using it because of my limited ability. I kind of got my wrists slapped for it though! Any wizz-kidd perl-ites out there who use webgains I would love to hear how you did it...in secret though!!

Comment

limited resources doesn't mean limited ability of course, apologies if it was worded in a way to have been perceived like that and offended you, John and Mark.
                  Our tracking technology (including the code in each language) is something our CTO has spent a great amount of time on and it's the foundation for our business, as I'm sure you all appreciate. It is sensitive information and we do need to make sure it stays that way, which is why I do kindly request again, Mark, that you edit your post.

Thanks for your understanding and, again, apologies for the misunderstanding.

Comment

Hero,

If Mark doesn't get around to removing the code from his post then drop a line to actinic using the 'contact us' at the bottom of the forum. They're usually helpful and should be able to sort it for you.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Edited Post

Sorry Hero, forgot all about it. Done now.
                      Mark

Comment

Affiliate Programme

As a merchant, we need to provide a "datafeed" for our affiliates. Apparently, this is in the form of a URL that they can go to to extract information about specific products, catagories etc that can then be used as a target for their customers.
                        As mentioned earlier, we are currently running Version 6.1.3.0.0.0.DHBA. If anyone can provide me with any tips on this subject I would be most grateful as I simply haven't a clue how to go about setting this up.
                        Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X