Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspect Order From Switzerland

Hi All

A bit of advice needed, i have just recieved an order from switzerland for a snowboarding instruction DVD, not that odd i suppose but the DVD is £10.95 and the guy has paid £36.95 for global priority delivery. Now i trust you can see my dilema

Do i send the DVD and keep my fingers crossed that it is genuine
    Or do i refund the order and send the guy an email explaining my reasons

Customer info
    email - used a hotmail account.
    phone number- starts 00417879 - does anyone know if this is a swiss mobile?

It has been authorised by protx but only on the CVV number

Cheers
    Darren

It could be genuine but it looks risky to me so I would cancel and do a refund for 2 reasons:

1. High probability of fraud.
    2. The loss (~£48) to return (~£4) ratio is too high.

Mike

Of course you could always call the customer and discuss it with him. Maybe he's on holiday and wants some help. You could always ask for his home address and card details again and put through another payment.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

He could also be working over there for the winter season as a snowboarding instructor but you would imagine there are local outlets available for that sort of product at a greatly reduced price. For the probable amount of profit involved probably not worth the sleepless nights

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It might be worth removing the global priority delivery option from the site, as I suspect every order that comes to you with this could be considered dodgy

ie if its a small order with £36 delivery you think - it this a fraud

if its a large order with £36 delivery you think - hhuumm there's alot to lose if this goes belly up.

I bet you would have shipped it without thinking if the customer had requested normal airmail at a couple of quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
          Hi All

phone number- starts 00417879 - does anyone know if this is a swiss mobile?
          http://www.infobel.com/teldir/teldir...e=/eng/euro/ch

Supplied to over 100 countries in the last six years, not one problemo from Switzerland.

PS I'd email saying the payment has been declined, can he please confirm the address given matches the one registered to the card 100%.
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for the advice, i have looked at PROTX and the card is a swiss mastercard, i will contact him by email and ask a few questions and see what the responsense is.

Jo the shipping is a good point i need to set a few other bands for standard shipping, the global priority is a set fee upto 10kg with tracking and delivery is 2-3 days, so if you were spending a few hundred pounds i probably would not have given it another thought. I actualy never thought someone in switzerland would buy a snowboarding DVD for £10.95.

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

I usually decline orders where the goods to post cost ratio is too out of proportion, for the reasons Mike outlined above. The risk/reward ratio is not worth it, esp if you end up with a chargeback. Its not always possible to pre-plan for this, as postage costs are often dependant on the total product mix
              of the order, rather than any one particular item.

Maybe you could contact the customer and say that you can supply the item, but it is not available via Global priority, and simply offer a regular postal route (which shouldn't be too high for a DVD)

Its always possible that the customer has not realised the cost of postage - a lot of customers 'apparantly' don't study the checkout, or email receipts as careful as us e-tailers. We are probably more used to seeing all the relevant detail at checkout than the humble customer.

We often have to email customers who have inadavertantly added multiple copies of the same item to their cart, and then either not spotted this at checkout, or maybe thought that it was too late to contact us to correct the matter.

Comment

Hi All

Just thought i would update you, it would seem that there had been a problem with the shipping on the site to switzerland. The AirSure service was not avaliable to him.

I sent him an email questioning his address, issuing bank e.t.c and he replied to all my questions and explained he did not see the cheaper service and upon investigation it was not. Probably a minor bug when upgrading from V7 to V8

So the correct delivery is £7.95 for a 2 day recorded

Thanks For You Help and Advice
                Darren

Comment

Working...
                X