Please can someone help me configure my email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please can someone help me configure my email

Really sorry to bother the forum with such a basic question - but i'm getting close to putting my fist through my monitor.

Got BT Broadband yesterday and am struggling to set up my email - can't raise a response from my hosts.

In short: Tools | Accounts | Properties | Server
    Selected Pop3
    Incoming mail: mail.mydomain.co.uk
    Outgoing mail: mail.btconnect.com

Incoming mail server: entered my actinic username & password.

No ticks in anything else other than remember password.

Under the connections tab i've got 'broadband connection'.

Doesn't work. If anyone can make any suggestions i'd be very grateful.

Thanks - Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Hi Nick,

I am using

pop3.btconnect.com
    smtp.btconnect.com

check out http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/cgi-b...p_cats=368,383

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

pop3.btconnect.com
      mail.btconnect.com

Works for us Nick.

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I use smtp as sending via SBS server and don't want to trip AOL filters

Bikster

Comment

Hi Nick

Incoming mail server: entered my actinic username & password
          What email are you trying to setup, outlook express, actinic, thunderbird???

You incoming mail server will be what ever your host has setup for you and that password, do not confuse your ftp login details with your mail details, and can you not use your domain outgoing mail server, if you are trying to send emails from you domain name via bt i think you have to register this with them otherwise they will block access, they do not have open mail servers.

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Thanks all. Still no joy though. Darren - I'm using Outlook Express.
            I'm not going to waste any more time on this today. I can send email on BT servers now, but can't receive on 4surehosting servers. Waiting for a response from them now.

Yours, on hotmail,

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Luddite
              but can't receive on 4surehosting servers
              I dial up through BT and as you know I am unable to view any sites hosted by 4sure ... Perfect Pad included. Not sure if this is related or my patched together Small Business Server but could be worth bearing in mind.

Bikster

Comment

With BT as your ISP

within outlook

within Actinic
                SMTP for your domain

BT/AOL and others have closed port 25 (SMTP) to anything but their own SMTP.

Comment

BT are quite mad when it comes to email (in my humble opinion), to get this to work you need to phone them and ask for relaying to be enabled on your domain, it is quite likely that they will deny all knowledge of relaying but be persistant and eventually they will admit that it exists and turn it on.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I use BT and Outlook I have both set to mail.mydomain.co.uk assuming that your host uses POP3 accounts.

Comment

Thanks to all for your help on such a tedious problem. Its all sorted now, all thanks to you, and no thanks to BT support!

Cheers - Nick

Comment

Working...
                      X