Your favourite program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite program

Following on from Normans list of erm "antique" programs he favours what would be your desert Island program? Which program would you seriously miss if deleted from existance.

Keeping a level playing field will remove from the list Actinic, a dial up utility, web browser and an email client.

I would be uttlerly completely lost without CorelDraw

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Coronation St

Comment

Notepad and Paintshop Pro 3.12.
      HTML and graphics - sorted.

Comment

A desert island with an electricity supply for the PC? I like it - can I have one?

Programme(s) - [ I'm greedy, I want three]

Visual Studio - so I can finish the accounting app I have worked on forever.

Visual dBASE - so I can finish the Procurement/warehousing app I have worked on since before forever.

Myst - End of Ages - for entertainment that keeps the grey matter working.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

napster

that's what I missed while I was out for a couple of days this week (cix and skype were close contenders as well)

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

A desert island with an electricity supply for the PC? I like it - can I have one?
            after playing with v8 today, I think that I'd like an island WITHOUT electricity ! - its a pity we haven't got an icon for " I'm pulling my hair out "

Comment

Don't forget to take DOS. I used the SORT command only yesterday to rearrange a tabular text listing to sort on the 10th character in. What worked 20 years ago still does in a cmd window with XP.

Anyway in regular use, Editpad, PaintShop Pro 6 and (breaking the rules) Actinic - because if you look at the Help / About copyright notice it all started in 1996.

So when's the party?
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                Don't forget to take DOS. I used the SORT command only yesterday to rearrange a tabular text listing to sort on the 10th character in. What worked 20 years ago still does in a cmd window with XP.
                Whatever happened to "GOTO" We used it on vertually every line to get the mods going
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

CS2 pro suite, Dreamweaver, Flash

No.1 would be Photoshop though.

Duncan
                  Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Just to add to the list a couple of freebie progs...

(not that they're `the best` but hey, if someone finds any of em `handy` thats my good deed out of the way for today lol)

Color Picker (idendifying any colour on the net, try it and see)
                    Pixel Ruler (measuring stuff on screen, go on, laugh)
                    FastStone Photo Resizer (excellent for batch transpartent marking of images)

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Visual Studio - so I can finish the accounting app I have worked on forever.
                      Ditto - so I can finish the Family History app I have worked on forever.

Alan

Comment

Irfanview - The best free basic graphics prog I've used.

Rome Total War - A must for any 'Time Commanders' fan. Playing it when I should be updating my site.

Comment

I don't know that I'd want it on a desert island, but I'd be lost without excel.

And I've used Visicalc and lotus-123 in the past. I guess that dates me.

Mike
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

aparantly the guys who developed Visicalc, were students at one of the major US universities, and made the desision not to patent it, but give it to the benifit of all,
                            What nice people and silly buggers
                            Chris Ashdown

Comment

OMG how embarrasing but I still use a majorly antiquated piece of free software that we got with our first scanner when they were the size of bread bins!

The scanner has since been superceded at least 4 or 5 times, but I'm still using Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition 1.1 for certain tweaks!! How the the programme still works considering the upgrades in OS is beyond me, but it just reaches a few parts that other programmes cannot reach...... although more likely it's my eyesight going into decrepitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X