Epson printers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson printers?

I think we've possibly grown out of (3 in 1) Epson printers having killed both of my latest ones with only about 12 months of use. Preferred our previous model the CX5400 for its scanning capabilities, better (imho) than the more recent CX6600.

Be handy if our new one could accept faxes from a phone line, I hate constantly replacing the Brother fax machine ribbon due to the enormous number of junk faxes we get. Although we do use it on a weekly basis for recieving info from customers.

So. What do we need now? And probably today, lol.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Have you looked at using efax? I rarely use faxes so use their free service which uses an 0871 number and then emails me the incoming faxes.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
      Have you looked at using efax? I rarely use faxes so use their free service which uses an 0871 number and then emails me the incoming faxes.

Mike
      I did, but none of the free fax peeps I've seen allow you to use a BT fax number.

Our fax numbers just one digit off our phone number so its a handy one to `keep` for possible future use as a phone line. Sssssh.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Hi George,

In terms of your fax problems I would recommend either
        1) Replace your inkfilm fax with a laser fax. Brother do two excellent laser fax machines and the toner cartridges last upto 6,000 pages based on manufacturers guideline of 5% coverage.
        2) Consider scrapping the fax altogether and using a pc as your fax machine running software such as Symantec's Winfax Pro

Regards,

Dave

Comment

or

3) purchase something like the brother mfc range or HP officejet range which have copier/scanner/printer/fax capabilities

Comment

One thing to remember with inkjets is that with some manufacturers (eg Epson) you don't generally replace the ink head with new cartridges, whereas with others (eg HP) you do - apart from "as new" quality when you replace the combined cartridge and head with say, an HP, we had to trash an Epson printer after 12 months because the fixed head had become badly clogged.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

We sell hardware and consumables and agree with what Mark is saying regarding seperate ink cartridges and printheads.

Lost count of the number of people who have asked us repair their Epson Printer due to clogged/broken heads. Easiest and cheapest solution is to throw the printer in the bin and start again.

Separate printheads are better and easily replaceable but again if you need to replace some of the printheads and cartridges its cheaper to buy again.

Colour Lasers can be just as bad especially when drums and transfer belts need replacing!

Comment

As you can imagine - like most actinic users we print quite a lot of packing lists/invoices etc as well as some high quality images.

We have adopted a philsophy of having two printers, one cheapy for every day printing and a good quality photo printer for our images.

We regard the cheapy printer as a disposable and are quite willing to spend £30 at Tesco or the like, buying a new printer every 9 months or so, just for the run of the mill packing list etc.

We ditched the fax machine two years ago and now don't even offer fax receiving - we just say "send an e-mail", I think the days of the fax are numbered.

Cheers
                Ian
                Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Working...
                X