Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

%1 is not a valid Win32 application

Hi all.

A few weeks ago I upgraded PERL from 5.8.6.811 to 5.8.8.119 (for other stuff on the server). Without realising, it's killed my Actinic site - none of the PERL scripts work. I was getting 404 messages but since tinkering with the IIS configuration I'm now getting "%1 is not a valid Win32 application" messages. Has anyone got any ideas for fixing this? I guess it's down to the IIS config, as I've not changed permissions or anything in the wwwtroot folder.

I can't restore the original settings as the fortnightly backu cycle has been overwritten. D'oh!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Dave
    David Webb
    A2Z Computing Ltd

You will need to check that the correct perl.exe location is registered for the .pl extension. To do this, open your IIS MMC expand the folder tree, right click on the cgi-bin folder, choose Properties, then Click the configuration button on the Virtual Directory tab. Scroll down till you find .pl and ensure there is only one entry, and that it points to the new file location in your latest installation.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked that quite a few times - I've tried c:\perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s, c:\perl\bin\perl.exe, c:\perl\bin\perlis.dll "%s" %s, c:\perl\bin\perlis.dll

Whichever I try I either get a 404 message or the message in my first post.

What should the perl paths be?

Thanks,
      Dave
      David Webb
      A2Z Computing Ltd

Comment

Where is it when you explore your PC?

One thing that may help - get rid of the quotation marks - I use c:\perl\bin\perl.exe %s %s
        Bill

Comment

It's in C:\Perl\Bin

If I try removing the speech marks IIS complains.

Could it be permissions on the exe or dll?
          David Webb
          A2Z Computing Ltd

Comment

Guess we should be clear about the IIS version. Is it 5.1 or 6.0?

Just to clarify, there is only one line for .pl in the configuration table, isn't there? If perliss.dll is referenced at all, that is against the .plx extension?

It may be worth stepping through the whole IIS Actinic installation guide from the AUG/knowledgebase all over again from the beginning, just to ensure everything is still correctly set.
            Bill

Comment

Well, I just recently installed the demo of Actinic Catalog and am getting exactly the same error. Have tried all the same stuff as the first poster and spent the last three days trying scores of different suggestions found accross various support sites and still nothing helps. I have re-installed IIS6, Perl and Actinic at least 8 times yet STILL can't get the CGI stuff to work.

Getting extremely frustrated as it seems that CGI errors are common with no definative solution. I followed the IIS setup guide found here, several times and still nothing. Have even tried granting alm,ost every single usergroup or user full access to c:/inetpub/wwwroot and every subfolder and still CGI is not working.

can anyone solve this problem for us? Willing to try almost anything.

Comment

I found it to be a problem with the mapping for .pl files. Make sure it's set to
                C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s

You may find that re-installing perl helps.

Dave
                David Webb
                A2Z Computing Ltd

Comment

Working...
                X