Business Bank Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Bank Accounts

I have recently opened a Limited company and need to open a new business account. The number of transactions going through and out of the account will be minimal. I would like internet banking and the 12 month free charges offer is always a nice thing. Ive previously been with Lloyds TSB so they are out of the possibilities.

Can anyone recommend any banks that meet the above criteria?

We have been with the CO-OP for a couple of years now and have proven very good with instant phone support (UK based). Online access is via their own software and phone number so very secure.

Not sure about the 12 months free as deals change all the time but well worth checking out.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

barclays do free banking for 18 months with interent banking and Abbey will do 100% free if your transactions are over £1500 a month.

Comment

We use Barclays for our business accounts and you can get a choice of charges or 'free' (if there is such a thing) depending on the volume of transactions and types of you require.

Online banking is free in any case - just what you can do online will of course depend on what signatures may be required on the account, but if you have sole signing power you can do all the usual online activities.

Their customer service and general charges need to be compared carefully though.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

Comment

Lee

Been with bank of scotland for a year no problems with online banking just trying to pay in through the halifax is a night mare.

Just going through the process of co-op using my membership to fsb which i am told gives me free business banking for life, but we will see when it is all signed. Big advantage with co-op is i can pay in via my local post office aswell, plus the online banking and debit card.

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

I have been with Alliance and Leicester, I seem to be on free banking still. The did send a letter to tell me it was being extended so not sure how much longer it will last. I get to pay cheques in at the post office as well.
              I did try to sign up for coop through the FSB but they took my details down and never called back.

Cheers
              Paul
              www.theorderofinitiative.co.uk

Comment

Paul

I downloaded the 23 page application form? filled in what i could and sent it off, they range me back and asked a couple of questions, i told them i knew they would ring me if i had got it wrong and did pass on my comments that 23 pages was a bit excessive for a bank account.

Mind you i am still waiting, a week since the questions so maybe it is OK?

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

Hi Lee

WE too have just moved over to a limited company. We changed our business bank from Barclays to these http://www.anbusiness.com/

Best deal we could find.
                  Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Comment

I've been with Barclays business for years, but since they made the local business managers unobtainable and moved to a telephone service centre, they have become hopeless. I've had lost calls, wrong advice, surly attitude (from them). I only stay with them because there is a small branch quite near that knows us. The day that branch closes....

I have had Abbey National recommended. I think the business banking is free.

Alan Compton
                    www.greenknightgames.co.uk
                    Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street
                    http://www.greenknightgames.co.uk/ac...iftTRAP_2.html
                    Think you know what your friends and family want for Christmas?
                    Play GiftTRAP - the ideal Christmas party game - and find out!

Comment

I have had Abbey National recommended. I think the business banking is free.
                      we use Abbey and banking is free if you keep to a certain number of tranactions per month, I´ve forgotten the level (we are under the rate as most of our incoming payments come once a week for worldpay) - the main trigger for chages in cash at the counter.

I think DDs and SOs and banktransfers are free

However Abbey is a real pain if you lose your creditcard as the online banking login is the Card no. We were locked out of internet banking for a week recently when yours truely left her wallet in a taxi in Barcelona

Comment

Working...
                      X