pinbrook server issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pinbrook server issues

my pinbrook site has been down almost all day as well as email. anyone else been affected and if so, how much.

thanks

We experienced a power outage at the data centre today. This was caused by outside contractors implementing low risk maintenance on the UPS system.

For further info please visit our support desk at http://pinbrook.helpserve.com

Comment

Originally posted by PAULCOOKSON
      my pinbrook site has been down almost all day as well as email. anyone else been affected and if so, how much.
      Yup, virtually all day, with, it has to be said, not much in the way of useful information coming out of Pinbrook.

Originally posted by pinbrook
      outside contractors implementing low risk maintenance
      Presumably definitions of 'low risk' are currently being updated.

simon
      Cult Pens

Comment

Originally posted by siwalker
        Yup, virtually all day, with, it has to be said, not much in the way of useful information coming out of Pinbrook.

Presumably definitions of 'low risk' are currently being updated.

simon

Hi Simon

i think you may be wrong there

we got at least 4 emails with updated of what is happening with this situation

Panagiotis

Comment

I too was kept in touch with emails.

it seems a planned bit of maintenance on the backup ups was going on and someone touched the wrong buttons and bought the main systems down, as the backup was being worked upon at the time, they did not kick in.
          when things started coming back up, they came up in the wrong order, at the wrong time, etc and thing had to be sorted out.

I truely think it was just "one of those days" when "life just happened" and I'm sure one of the priorities at Pinbrook was to get the machines working again rather than emails. (thats not to say emails are not important.)

Comment

Originally posted by pnagames
            i think you may be wrong there
            We have a difference of opinion in what constitutes 'useful' then! In much the same way as the datacentre involved has an alternative definition of 'low-risk'.

simon
            Cult Pens

Comment

Working...
            X