Script Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script Question

Anyone know of a script that can resize a page that is set to 100% and force it to be shown at 900px

I saw an ebay store the other day that reloads the eBay window and displays eBay in a 980px format. Improved the look of the store no end.
    Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Hi David,

I personally don’t know I’m afraid. I've Googled it too and couldn't find much to help.

I will around check to see if anyone else knows.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

I think jo (pinbrook) posted something last year - try a forum search

Comment

If I've got your meaning correctly, alter the <body> tag so it looks something like

Code:
        <body onload="window.resizeTo(900,700)">
        That will resize the user's window to 900 pixels wide and 700 high. I'd be wary though, since messing with people's preferred window sizes can be as annoying as pop-ups.
        www.gbradley.co.uk
        Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

I have worked out how they did it.

Its done in CSS and they use a java script that switches the style sheet from eBays to their own. If you view the eBay store with Java disabled it looks terrible.

Clever but I am not sure that its allowed.
          Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Comment

I was wondering if that was what you meant, but I didn't post JS code to do it since I was highly doubtful eBay would allow adding script to an eBay store page due to security reasons.
            www.gbradley.co.uk
            Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Just been told you can post Java on UK and German eBay stores but not on US stores.
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X