X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Check

Hi,

Site http://www.gatopatisserie.com

This is my second attempt designing a shopping with Actinic so please bear with me.

These are problems I have come across and I wonder someone help me to correct them.

1. When designing in Dreamweaver the design looks, fine but when you export the design to V8 and upload to the server the layout of design changes. V8 does not like /> at the end of the description tags. (hope this makes sense)
    2. Search facility. Is it necessarily to have the search words on the page, for example if you have a look at the cookies page, you will see two search words, peanut and cookies.

Looking forward to you comments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	demo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	545614

"/>" is tag endings for xhtml, actinic is not fully xhtml compliant so it is converted to html. If you create your templates using html instead of xhtml, there should be no problems.

As you export the design, actinic does give you a window with a warning of this.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply, the pages are .html

Any other ideas.

Thanks

Comment

xhtml pages still have file ending of .html

Its the type of page that you select to make (declaration always made at top of page).

I have no other ideas as this is the 100% guaranteed correct answer.

When you select to make a page, you will see where you select what type of page it is to be.

Comment

It looks stunning. If I'd built a website that good; I'd be proud. The top-quality photographs help enormously. A couple of small points:

1. Might be helpful to have an indication of size of weight or no. of servings.
          2. The top menu (Cakes, Cookies, Viennoiserie, etc.) should have clickable images.
          3. Quite a few products don't have prices
          4. No delivery terms or timescales until you reach the checkout.
          5. The checkout page has "I accept the Terms and Conditions displayed below" - and they aren't there.

Alan Compton
          www.greenknightgames.co.uk
          Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

Alan,

Thanks for the valid comments. I will put them in place

Cheers

Comment

/>/>/> - Is caused when an Actinic page design is copied into a non Actinic format ie the following code generates the />

"/></actinic:block>
              <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Section%22%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GlbMetaDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22%29" >
              <meta name="description" content="<actinic:variable name="GlbMetaDescription" />
              "/></actinic:block>
              <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22" ><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaKeywords%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
              <meta name="keywords" content="<actinic:variable name="MetaKeywords" />
              "/></actinic:block></actinic:block>
              <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22" ><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
              <meta name="description" content="<actinic:variable name="MetaDescription" />
              "/></actinic:block></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsP3PPolicyUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
              <link rel="P3Pv1" href="<actinic:variable name="P3PFullPolicyLink" />
              "></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Contact%20Us%22" ><actinic:variable value="Script for Blocking Unregistered Customers" name="UnregCustomerMessage" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" /></actinic:block>

I see you have fixed the problem by removing all the offending code - while this will solve the problem you now have no meta tags in the site which may affect your SE rankings.

Comment

Oh dear I am hungry now! The site looks absolutely yummy.

However there are a few stray apostrophes here and there eg the alt tage on the gallery page : alt="Some of the cake and gateaux's produced for the hotel's around the world!

gateaux is plural anyway so you don't need the s and hotels doesn't need the apostrophe.

edited to alter my typo, seems I am getting as pedantic as my Dad, I'll be pencilling alterations in margins next.
                Miranda Stamp
                Twinkle Twinkle
                www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
                Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Working...
                X