Can you demand someone supplies you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you demand someone supplies you?

We've been having a few issues with our competitors (bricks & mortar). In the course of conversation with 1 particular supplier, they said that there is an EU directive that states that a supplier must supply any shop that wants to stock their product - something to do with fair trading.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

With our Bricks & Mortar Dancewear Shop most of our suppliers give us at least a 10 mile exclusion zone and turn away would-be competitors without problem, so it does sound a little odd.

Comment

I have a friend who only sells online and has a similar problem with one major supplier that will not supply him because the nearby B&M shop objects.
      The supplier says it is in their rules. They admit that this doesn't allow for the fact that the two shops are not competing, but they still won't change their pollicy.

Alan Compton
      www.greenknightgames.co.uk
      Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

Sounds very odd. Its your business so you should be able to decide who you supply.

Comment

At the risk of getting raided by the EU Police (we are friends with the French Embassy so don't even think about it) we offer trade supplies on a UK regional basis to ensure they can operate effectively.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I agree - it does seem strange, but we've heard the same thing from 2 different suppliers now (one German, one Italian). I'll do some more digging.
            Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Working...
            X