Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some advice needed

Hi all

I have a strange issue that I thought you may have some advice or suggestions on.

Our site has been 'cloned' by someone else (although it is about 2 weeks ago when we were trialling V8 so its half the sample website ...) It doesn't work - yet - i.e. you can't put anything in the basket but they may well change this soon. I assume they are trying to de fraud people out of the card details etc??

I have found which co. hosts their site and I have emailed them - no other way to go about it. But I don't know how else to stop them??

They come up well on all our search terms - and above us as our V8 is only just live (Tuesday) and I don't want people to think this is us and not click on our true site.

Has anyone else dealt with this or knows what I should do.

Many thanks in advance

Donna
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

I'd report it to Google as a first step, as long as you are sure they are up to something. Whats the url, have you seen who its registered to?

Comment

http://barlc09.users.netlink.co.uk/d...layhouses.html

This is one of the URL's - how do I find out who it is registered too?

D
      Donna

Comment

On a page higher up there is a phone number 01298 213400 but looks like this is another test web page.

Entering netlink . co . uk brings up a CLARA homepage so may be worth contacting them.

On the bright side they are not hotlinking your images

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You can do a domain lookup on Nominet.

Comment

May be of use....

"Claranet have developed an integrated solution offering connectivity with applications in a virtual learning environment. Netlink, from Claranet, the largest independent pan-European IP solution provider is a complete end-to-end education solution encompassing everything from the network to the virtual learning environment (VLE) and content. Netlink enables teachers, parents and learning communities to interact in a secure virtual learning environment through a computer from any location at any time. The solution features a dynamic, personalised web portal, email, video-conferencing capability, content and virus scanning and web enabled data storage for schoolwork."

Bikster

Comment

You could contact Actinic and see if they can track down who bought the software.

Comment

Woohoo Mal's back, tell me you didn't do a 60 mile cycle in this grumpy weather.

Comment

tell me you didn't do a 60 mile cycle in this grumpy weather
                  Only managed 40 today - a bit too wet and windy!!

Comment

It's bloody grim down here too, i'd most certainly have some more trees down in the garden if they hadn't been blown down previously. Keep waiting for the roof to take off!

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                      i'd most certainly have some more trees down in the garden if they hadn't been blown down previously.
                      ... so the Goat pointed chainsaw will not be making another outing

Bikster

Comment

I blunted it on the soil around one of the stumps, it's been retired gracefully until i need to chop up some railway sleepers later on this year. I do crack it up in the garage from time to time, close my eyes and it takes me back 20 years to having a 80cc 2-stroke riding away from the police on the local park.

Comment

Set your mobile to record and you could have a top ten hit a la Crazy Frog

Bikster

Comment

LOL funny you should say that, there is a video of me choppping one of them down on you tube. My mate thought it was far funnier to film me chopping trees than help me. Unfortunately he also captured me jumping up and down in the skip to try and create some room, that involved a rather "ungymnastic" lack of balance and a few expletives. Damn that old barbecue hiding under the tree branches.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                              Entering netlink . co . uk brings up a CLARA homepage so may be worth contacting them.
                              Have already emailed clara's abuse@clara email address you can't do it over the phone for some unknown reason.

You can do a domain lookup on Nominet.
                              I tried that after you suggested trying to find them but nominet says not possible to find out as not a true domain name. Do you know how to report it to Google?

You could contact Actinic and see if they can track down who bought the software.
                              I'll try this and see what they say. I'll post back if I find out anything that is interesting.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Donna
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X