awstats - Search Keyphrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awstats - Search Keyphrases

glanced into the awstats department of a website today, and got down to "Search Keyphrases"
    when I look in there, sure enough, there are phrases there that I expect to see, but there is one hell of a lot of p*rnographic phrases
    when google "awstats Search Keyphrases" - it sys SEO's can tell a lot from the phrases that appear here.

other that "youv'e got a lot of p*ornographic phrases there" - what can it tell me.
    I took one of the slightly more obsure phrases and googled that, and luckily for the web site, our url didn't come up.
    so . . .
    what do I infer from that set of statistics - how do I analyse the worrying phrases, where do they come from, do I worry?

I have been using the phrases to steer some of the keywords etc, but if I use some of those keywords, I'll be blacklisted fairly quick.

advice ???

Not sure if this is any help, but I've looked at the Search Keyphrases in my site's awstats, and they all are perfectly sensible. All exactly what I would expect.

Do you use Google Adwords? Have you got Content Network turned on? That used to bring me a lot of strange traffic until I turned it off.

Alan Compton
    www.greenknightgames.co.uk
    Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

Its a long established site and we have never needed adwords - so nope, its not adwords thats the issue - its something else but not a clue as to why,

some of the words are clearly "expected words", its just that lately and awful lot are NOT and because they are p*ornographic, I'm spending wasted time
      wading down a sill list trying to pick out the "interesting ones"

seems like the start of "spam for awstats" - not that there is such a thing.

Comment

Working...
      X