1and1 email spoofing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1and1 email spoofing?

I have started to receive a large number of (presumably spoof) emails sent to one of my sites email addresses in a V7 site.

The email address was on the site info page and so I thought that I would change it. So I created a new email account called info@... instead of sales@...

Within 5 minutes of this being changed I also started to get a few emails in referencing this address as the return address. So next step I then replaced the email addresses on the info page with an image of a new email address salesinfo@...

And guess what, I started to receive emails with that address too very shortly afterwards.

Each time I also changed the email address in Business Settings.

I have many other email addresses configured on many domains but only this one seems affected.

Attached are typical examples of the emails.

Any ideas anyone?
    Is the perl getting hacked?
    Is it an issue with 1and1?

Edit: I have now made another new email account information@... and only added this to the Business settings, leaving the other on the info page as an image. We'll see what happens over the next few hours....
    Attached Files

There should be plenty of posts on V7 about hiding your email address from the spammers. Search for "Obsfucating".
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The image seems to have solved the problem. I was surprised after changing the email address that iin less than 5 minutes I already had emails coming in.

Anyway resolved but in future obsfucating is obviously the way to go from the start. (or even obfuscating )

Comment

Working...
      X