Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Mail Tracked

I see royal mail are launching a new service in June

Should be interesting, i had a look at htere tracker but it only starts from 5000 parcels a year. not bad though only £2.63 for my deliveries.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/j...diaId=46800683

Just need to find the other 3500 deliveries a year.

Cheers
    Darren

Oi Jan, yer needed here!

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Hi,

We are in the processof signing for for Royal mail tracked, has Jan (mole-end) got this working with the Royal mail tracked software yet?
      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
      Snuggle Feet
      Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
        I see royal mail are launching a new service in June

Should be interesting, i had a look at htere tracker but it only starts from 5000 parcels a year. not bad though only £2.63 for my deliveries.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/j...diaId=46800683

Just need to find the other 3500 deliveries a year.

Cheers
        Darren
        5K. pffff thats easy . my only problem is that ours are NOT parcels

Comment

Les called me this morning and hopefully we will work together to get a view for One Stop Order Processing, thanks chaps.
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Using Tracked

Hello. We have been using Royal Mail Tracked since mid July 2009, using the Royal Mail's Despatch Express to book the consignments and print the labels. All is going fine with this. We are using the same software to send all Royal Mail items, UK and overseas, whether tracked or not, and the same labels. The software and printouts also give useful proof of despatch, even when not using tracked, of all items, itemised with customer details.

So far everything has been delivered, or had an attempted delivery, within the 2-3 day delivery time, even during strike action.

Drawback is not sufficient detail in the tracking online, and only able to see last tracking entry, not the history, and having to track each item individually. When an item is delivered it just says Delivered and gives the date delivered and name of delivery office from which delivered. Would be better if it said whether it was delivered to person, or to neighbour and which, or left in safe place and which, and the time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
              Hello. We have been using Royal Mail Tracked since mid July 2009, using the Royal Mail's Despatch Express to book the consignments and print the labels. All is going fine with this. We are using the same software to send all Royal Mail items, UK and overseas, whether tracked or not, and the same labels. The software and printouts also give useful proof of despatch, even when not using tracked, of all items, itemised with customer details.

So far everything has been delivered, or had an attempted delivery, within the 2-3 day delivery time, even during strike action.

Drawback is not sufficient detail in the tracking online, and only able to see last tracking entry, not the history, and having to track each item individually. When an item is delivered it just says Delivered and gives the date delivered and name of delivery office from which delivered. Would be better if it said whether it was delivered to person, or to neighbour and which, or left in safe place and which, and the time of day.
              Thanks for this info, how do you get the delivery name and address into the Tracked software? Manually or imported from Actinic?
              Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
              Snuggle Feet

Comment

Data into Software

We are typing it into Depatch Express, though it most likely could be exported from Actinic into it; we cannot do this as we have Actinic set up to export our orders into Sage, not using Actinic Order Processing, and changing export settings would mess this up.

In Despatch Express, if you have despatched to the same customer previously, the details fill in automatically when entering one field, such as postcode, as the details automatically save if you set it to. Details include things like safeplace instruction etc. This saves time so is a useful feature. With new entries, typing in the postcode and house number automatically fills the address fields, which can be edited if necessary. It is a good way of verifying that the customer has typed the correct postcode.

You can also bring an existing database into Despatch Express.

Comment

Hi,

What printer are you using with Dispatch Express?
                  Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
                  Snuggle Feet

Comment

Citizen CLP-521

We are using Citizen CLP-521 printers as we happened to have these already and they work. I understand that there are others that also work with the software. The labels are provided free by the Royal Mail - heat transfer (no ink required), so it is cheap to run. We obtained most of the printers through eBay at much less than full new prices. The same labels are used for all of the Royal Mail despatch methods, not just Tracked. We have saved money on not having to buy any address labels at all.

The software has to be installed separately on each computer using it, and the manifests printed out separately each day from each computer - a bit of a pain.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                    X