No announcement yet.

Who'd be Actinic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pay for my Actinic software as well, by the way.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Sorry everyone, I guess the nasty rumour about developers getting Actinic free was just that, a nasty rumour told me to further p me off.

Roll on free from Actinic day!

Comment

I guess the nasty rumour about developers getting Actinic free was just that, a nasty rumour told me to further p me off.
        I guess the rumour came from the same source as the other rumour that paypal offered actinic a sweetener to integrate paypalpro.

Comment

Some people have been sounding particularly fed up on here just lately
          I think another good word here is FRUSTRATED - you're one of the lucky ones that know sufficient to write plugins - my guess is that 99% of us just have to accept some of the code that is thrown at us with no easy way out of it.

I've wondered why some of the people are "languishing" on older versions - now I know

Comment

interesting enough i pay my subscription every year and have called support, maybe twice a year at most.

i gave up because they go through the the standard list and regardless of how many times you tell them you did that they want you to do while you talk to them or tell you to do it then ring back and when you ring back no one answers the phone because support has gone home? The worst has to be send a snapshot can take weeks to get it sorted that way.

Anyway i find the people here more helpfull and i always try to help other.

But everyone has this need for stuff, google checkout might seem good but it is not on my list of prioritys i want the shipping finished. There were some great changes made and it works well but i can not assign or exclude products from particular types of shipping and still use weight which is a real pain but hey i have to live with it. I do not slag actinic off i just make a wish and cross my fingers, toes and just about anything else.

Just my opinion
            Darren

Comment

I will go against the grain and say I like Actinic, I also like their support, their forum and also find them great value for money

We demand better and more complicated software at the drop of a hat and then complain its got a loads of bugs, Actinic are one of the compaines that release to everyone the latest beta versions to try out, but how many of us really try them out to the full apart from a few dedicated developers, (have a look at the authors of most of the bugs on this forum)

How many thousands of people were involved in Vista testing and still they were ammending things very late before launch.

From a large number of problems with 8.5.x most seem to be from developers who have probably heaverly modified sites, and this is what most people would expect to find, I would also expect the majority of sites are like mine boring maybe but basically standard except for a few of Normans patches and upgrade without major problems.

V8 was a major change by starting again from scratch, how many other companies are brave enough to go that route, I wish Sage for one would.

Standing back and waiting on someone to complain about the prices, who want to start a business on a fiver and be Bill Gates in two years
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
                V8 was a major change by starting again from scratch
                How come we got the same !X$&&!x checkout then

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

IMO there is nothing wrong with it - have you been shopping on the net recently there are some really crap ones out there that make Actinic look fantastic.

Comment

must admit i don't find anythingwrong with it either....

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=9415

Includes comment from Chris Dicken (October 2004) to the effect that it does need improving and that they are looking at it. This should have been addressed in V8.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

This should have been addressed in V8.
                        I remember the posts and there was only a couple of people not happy - others were happy. Not enough to change checkout I would think.

If you are unhappy why not start a wish list and see what others think - its unlikely to be changed based on present comments I would think.

Comment

Try the Adobe checkout if you want to give up the will to live

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                            Try the Adobe checkout if you want to give up the will to live
                            Act checkout is standard at worst, better than most at best and as V8 has reinvented the wheel, you can now go in and customised til you drop if you wish (assuming you know how to )

Re Adobe, try their website too, what a bulky nightmare....

OT FAO Jo

Yippeeeeeeeeee, at last, a successful u/g from 804 to 851 following the DONT YOU DARE TOUCH MY DESIGN OPTION...feels the faith in Actinic slowly drip feeding back into my veins.

Now for a v6 site

Regards
                            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                            X