Telephone Call Management Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telephone Call Management Systems

We're looking at call management systems for when our new business is launched in early June so that callers firstly get a message saying something along the lines of "Welcome to the Puddle Group, if you are calling in regards to Puddle Pet Care please press 1, for Naturally To You press 2" and then our phone rings and we know which business the call is in connection with.

Have found a company who do all of this (and lots more) - http://www.callagenix.net/index.html for very little money and just wondered if anyone had used them or if anyone had any other recommendations.

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

If you only have one phone line then the cheapest option is probably one of the 1 line pabx systems that you can get on ebay for under £20 including P+P from HK. You can also get the same systems from a UK supplier but then it's more like a £60-£80.

The message time on these systems seems to be 8-10 seconds which might not be enough for you.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

We have two lines coming in to the office and a phone that handles 2 lines - it works much better than having one number for two businesses.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan - can you tell which line is ringing before you answer the phone so you know how to answer it?

Kathy
        Kathy Newman

Comment

We use a BT Convserse 1400 2-Line. This has a different ring tone for each phone line and a different light on the keypad when each phone rings.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Or you could always get a couple of DECT cordless phones (dirt cheap these days) and just program a different ring tone into each one.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I would agree with Jan regarding one phone designed for two lines or with Mike 2 DECTS. You would only need a PABX (System) if you wanted to transfer the call to other phones. You can do this without a PABX if you use BT’s ‘Featureline’ service but you are adding costs. Also watch out for imported phone systems, they are not all compatible with the U.K.

If you ask a caller to dial 1 for company ‘A’ of 2 for company ‘B’ the only effect would be to convince them you are a bigger company, but in my experience it never does. The downside as well is that the caller would have to make more button presses which is somewhat like more mouse clicks to get the desired result.
              Sorry I have gone on a bit.

Colin
              Colin - www.MintingDigital.co.uk
              Web Design, Hosting and Sellerdeck since V8

Comment

Press button 1 for this annoys me cos i can't get Skype to give me back the dialing pad after I've daillied a number.

I can only use Skpe to call a number without adding more stuff, so everytime I phone actinic i have to use a landline - and pay more for the privilege!!

Comment

Working...
                X