Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community Input requested: Stock Control DB

Morning All

as the title says we have decided to built a comprehensive database for Stock Control.

the idea behind this is the fact that we are selling through various methods (ebay, amazon, online store) and we would like to keep our procedures a bit faster & tighter.

we already have started implenting the basic structure of the stock table.

We plan to create reports for out of stock items and also low stock items.

we also plan to create a methodology of importing amazon and ebay orders and update stock and also import the orders into actinic with minimal user input

when this is done we will make it available to anyone that is interested (for a small fee).

can we have an input of what people would have loved for the tool to include?

The ability to create a report of items nil in stock (or under a preset order level), for procucts coming from any given supplier. Products would also need supplier id tag although I'm sure it could be included somewhere in the current templates.

Does that make sense?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by pnagames
      (for a small fee).
      Minus 25,000 Goat Points.

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
        The ability to create a report of items nil in stock (or under a preset order level), for procucts coming from any given supplier. Products would also need supplier id tag although I'm sure it could be included somewhere in the current templates.

Does that make sense?
        we already done the basic report on these two. the first is as an Out of Stock report and another which asks you when run the limit you want to run the report to (which makes it very dynamic report)

good thing that you reminded me about Suppliers

Comment

Originally posted by george
          The ability to create a report of items nil in stock (or under a preset order level), for products coming from any given supplier. Products would also need supplier id tag although I'm sure it could be included somewhere in the current templates.
          Yes!! I agree
          And just being able to print off a list (of complete stock or "out of stock" stock) by section rather than the alphabetical stock reference order mish-mash that is currently produced would be useful too
          Tracey

Comment

But isn't this what our Epos system has been doing for the last 10 years?

Comment

Originally posted by buspassjohn
              But isn't this what our Epos system has been doing for the last 10 years?
              Hi John

yes probably

but we are looking to integrate this with amazon (i.e. you will be able to import all your amazon orders in here (update stocks automatically ) and then transfer them to actinic (almost ready for print)

we do not have an EPOS system as we are purely online business and our process at the moment take a long time (copying & pasting address from emails to actinic & updating orders with adjustments then print etc...)

our aim (except the obvious stock control ) is to eliminate a lot of the processing that we are doing now (not all will be eliminated)

Comment

Working...
              X